Advice needed for shell damage

Alaskamike

Location (City and/or State)
South Florida
Sassy Sally
Adopted a very nice 36 lb Slucata this Sunday.

Very personable ( like most Sully's) and well taken care of.
She has a bit of a shell issue - center caprice. She was hit by a car at 2 yo. She is now 8. They didn't do anything but allow her to heal - if she would - and she did. Now 6 yrs later you can still plainly see damage and I would appreciate ideas / opinions about possible care of this area. When I got her she was a bit dry , and the area where there is no shell was chalky and white. I could scrape off bits of the chalky stuff with my fingernail. It was crumbly. The raised portion of the top Shute is up about 1/2 inch from the open area.
When I push on the lifted shell it does give a little but none of the area seems spongy. She shows no signs of distress - eats like a pig and very active. Eliminates like a cow. Hahaha

So , any suggestions of what to do ? Look out for ? Leave alone? This is my first tortoise with a damaged caprice. And while I did research what I could. Have not found an old injury healing like this. I am particularly concerned with how lifted the damaged shutes are and the cracks in shell still evident.

I do have some concerns for mold / fungus / bacteria getting under the split and raised shutes. Should I?
Thanks in advance.
I'll post the photos
View attachment ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1439310420.734244.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1439310438.669866.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1439310455.397279.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1439310474.645930.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1439310492.176496.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1439310515.335434.jpg

Aunt Caffy

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Texas
You have a beautiful girl. I don't have any advice, but I'm posting because recent activity on a post sometimes gets more people looking for some reason.

Alaskamike

South Florida
Thanks
I Have had more time now to evaluate and aGree there is nothing needed but regular good environment I'm putting just a bit of lamisol on the cracks and open area once a week to discourage mold from taking hold

sal's injury was 6 yrs ago. My main concern was how dry and even a bit grainy the open area was. But with the humidity and rain we've had this month it's not that way now.

It was obviously a pretty severe crush wound to top of shell. Amazing what they can survive sometimes.