Advice needed!! Please!!

Titans.mama

Location (City and/or State)
Dorset
So I’ve rescued two young Horsfields who were living in thick dirty damp soil no uv lighting - one (Kenya) is really poorly came to me with eyes swollen shut in such poor weak condition barely moves about. Two (kiwi) in better health then Kenya but not 100% took straight to the vets had tests for possibly Mycoplasma not got results back yet! Given antibiotics for 6 weeks Kenya won’t eat drink or take antibiotics she is now on a feeding tube still very weak- kiwi started to eat so could get antibiotics in but today although she active she not eating today and is very stubborn to get her to open mouth without me stressing her to much can anyone suggest ideas to get her to take these antibiotics a little less stressfully please? And does anyone know if I can bathe Kenya with the feeding tube on ? Wondering if that could also help her.

Attachments

• E5B62CAC-C6B7-4B33-89CF-C5DFC54EA30B.jpeg
    E5B62CAC-C6B7-4B33-89CF-C5DFC54EA30B.jpeg
    952 KB · Views: 16
  • B4F6DDD4-D415-4DFC-824A-A1F9EBB578CF.jpeg
    B4F6DDD4-D415-4DFC-824A-A1F9EBB578CF.jpeg
    664.1 KB · Views: 16
  • 794C22AB-7FCD-4D84-80C3-BB24DB87B263.jpeg
    794C22AB-7FCD-4D84-80C3-BB24DB87B263.jpeg
    831.2 KB · Views: 16

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Yikes....so caring of you to take these two on. Fingers crossed for a good outcome. I’m wondering if you have tried any of the carrot baby food soaks that are recommended for torts like urs that are so I’ll that they can’t/won’t eat.?

I’ll defer to others regarding soaking with the feeding tube. I would have thought your vdt would have provided that info. Regardless, seems like you can use a turkey baster and gently stream warm water over your guys....

good luck!

maybe @Yvonne G can provide specific help.

Titans.mama

Dorset
Yikes....so caring of you to take these two on. Fingers crossed for a good outcome. I’m wondering if you have tried any of the carrot baby food soaks that are recommended for torts like urs that are so I’ll that they can’t/won’t eat.?

I’ll defer to others regarding soaking with the feeding tube. I would have thought your vdt would have provided that info. Regardless, seems like you can use a turkey baster and gently stream warm water over your guys....

good luck!

maybe @Yvonne G can provide specific help.
Put kiwi in the baby food soak today for 20mins but still can’t get that tiny mouth to open to get her antibiotics in ??‍♀️ Watching her all the time for a sneaking yawn ? but she not having it today! I will ask vet tomorrow but just wondering if anyone else knew if it will be ok for Kenya love her!

Not sure on ages or sex in case anyone wondering- both 3inches kiwi weighs 91gs and kenya weighs 83gs with feeding tube on.

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Put kiwi in the baby food soak today for 20mins but still can’t get that tiny mouth to open to get her antibiotics in ??‍♀️ Watching her all the time for a sneaking yawn ? but she not having it today! I will ask vet tomorrow but just wondering if anyone else knew if it will be ok for Kenya love her!

Not sure on ages or sex in case anyone wondering- both 3inches kiwi weighs 91gs and kenya weighs 83gs with feeding tube on.

try holding her butt towards you and making her head come out grabbing her head by the neck, you can VERY GENTLY take two fingers and try to force her mouth open by pushing in on where her jaw hinges...another person should give the antibiotic...or if you can inject a strawberry and get him to eat that, it might be easier...

Titans.mama

Dorset
try holding her butt towards you and making her head come out grabbing her head by the neck, you can VERY GENTLY take two fingers and try to force her mouth open by pushing in on where her jaw hinges...another person should give the antibiotic...or if you can inject a strawberry and get him to eat that, it might be easier...
Thank you have tried both - I am worried about hurting her and stressing her out - would be easier if she just ate something so can squirt it down while mouth open that is what I have done last few days but she just not playing ball and not wanting to eat today ?

Titans.mama

Dorset
Offered all kinds of food to kiwi today to get her to take meds a few bites of a slice of cucumber done the trick, just hope she has more of an appetite tomorrow! Still
Needing advice wether I can soak kenya with a feeding tube on ? If anyone can help please. Want to help her as much as I can!