Cicciof

Location (City and/or State)
Torino
Right now, can't get you the links, sorry. But here is some ideas:
1. Plants - carex (sedge), hosta, spider plants, boston fern.
2. Halves of plant pots, buried in the substrate.
3. Sewage pipe (T-shaped connectors, for example).
4. Cork bark pieces (they can burrow under) and half logs.
5. Dishwashing tubs or plastic boxes with an opening cut on the side.
6. Flat stones (slates) put together to make a "bunker".
7. Tree branches or roots, can be fresh cut with leaves to provide canopy and snack at the same time (mulberry, hibiscus, grape).

Do not add all of these at once to avoid clutter. Start with hides on warm/cold sides, add a shady plant in the middle and see how it goes.
thank u so much, i will start by add something and in about 3 weeks ill have the enclosure expanded.

Cicciof

Torino
So guys everything is going the right way, i added another hide and waiting for the plants.
she wakes up and roams around more now. Still no artificial uvb cuz she has sunlight availble.

but im concerned about something. i think she dosent drink in the stuff inside the enclosure, cuz idk everytime i change the water it seems intact. what should i do? she cant just drink whenever i soak her, what if i cant for 1 day or 2 for whatever reason?

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
So guys everything is going the right way, i added another hide and waiting for the plants.
she wakes up and roams around more now. Still no artificial uvb cuz she has sunlight availble.

but im concerned about something. i think she dosent drink in the stuff inside the enclosure, cuz idk everytime i change the water it seems intact. what should i do? she cant just drink whenever i soak her, what if i cant for 1 day or 2 for whatever reason?
Yay that’s great to hear! I wouldn’t worry too much, she likely is talking small sips here n there without you noticing🙂

Cicciof

Torino
hi guys hi found those tiny stuffs in the substrate, seems like a soft green shell and blue powder inside, hany idea of what that is? its the third one that i find, im concerned
1726217205092.jpeg
1726217218089.jpeg

Cicciof

Torino
Did you find these in a new bag of substrate? Or do you believe it’s something your tortoise has passed?
i dont really know what to think honestly.
https://www.amazon.it/dp/B07DRMSS1M?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_fed_asin_title this is the substrate but back then when i hydrated it didnt seem like to have those stuffs.
I found those while adjusting and shaking the substrate.

i meand could she be something related to the turtle?? i think is too much strange.

maybe @Tom know something about it?

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
i dont really know what to think honestly.
https://www.amazon.it/dp/B07DRMSS1M?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_fed_asin_title this is the substrate but back then when i hydrated it didnt seem like to have those stuffs.
I found those while adjusting and shaking the substrate.

i meand could she be something related to the turtle?? i think is too much strange.

maybe @Tom know something about it?
The link won’t work for me unfortunately but hopefully Tom or someone else can take a look for you!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California

The_Four_Toed_Edward

Finland
It could also be one of those slow releasing fertilizers. The link doesn't work so I can't say could there be some in your substrate.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California

What kind of substrate are you using?
What kind of water dish?