ANOTHER CACTUS HELP QUESTIONS

Status
Not open for further replies.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I have new cactus pads growing great. I left two laying flat on my porch to use as food, while I leave the others to root and grow in the yard. Well, the two on the porch are doing just as good as the ones planted, go figure. LOL Well, my question is. Because they are laying flat, the new pads are growing straight up in the wrong position to now plant. I know they would probably turn and grow up the right way, but is there any way I can just plant them flat and have the main pad find a way to root into the ground in that position? I like the fact that Tatum could walk onto the main pad and help himself to the fresh tender new pads. He is kinda too small yet to reach the ones growing the right way. Which is fine for now, as I want them to get well established, for lasting the winters. Any thoughts, comments, welcomed:D

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Its fine to leave it laying flat and plant it that way.

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
I have done it both ways, seems the best results for me was to just drop it on the ground and the pad bends upward and grows on it own.......They are very hardy...one thing do not over water them, they will die!

Status
Not open for further replies.