Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Really glad to hear Daisy is doing so well. Have we seen pics of the hatchlings yet? Did I miss them?

Torty Mom

5 Year Member
Bakersfield, California
Daisy Lou passed another giant stone today, smaller than the last one and at least a 1/2" long! Lisa said when she soaked her this afternoon she said pee and chunky urates came squirting out like a little boy peeing! Gobs and gobs of it, the most we have seen yet!!! Lisa said it just kept squirting out like crazy! Yea!! Gross, but YEA!!!! I bet she will be clean as a whistle for the next xray!! Happy days!!! Yea, mineral oil! Now, I just need a good poo from the little lady! UGH!

Thanks everyone for the well wishes!

Tom ~ I'll post pictures of the hatchlings tomorrow.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Call me greedy, but I want updated pics of the urate-stone-free Miss Daisy too. I'm so relieved that everything came out on its own.

tobibaby

5 Year Member
SoCal
thanks for the bday wish... and i am so happy that Daisy Lou is doing great.. thank you so much for being an awesome person. the way u take care of her, she couldnt be more happy :D

Torty Mom

5 Year Member
Bakersfield, California
The urates that she passed today were very paste like. Kinda like room temperature cream cheese, sorry for the comparison. She is really active tonight and still has not gone to bed! Peed twice, 2 pasty urate blobs, once on me :p and once in her night box! The lil' stinker! I have no idea where all this pee is coming from since I NEVER see her drink. I was actually worried for awhile there that she didn't know how to drink water. I know that sounds silly but as much as Lisa and I soak her, you would think we would see her do it more than once. Few more days and then we should have some results! Can't wait!!!

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
My sulcata loves to drink out of the hose running.. moving water.. Ive also seen torts prefer muddy puddles.. so if its warm enough, run a hose and see if she will drink.. fluids in pee out!

ElfDa

5 Year Member
Sammamish, WA
I'm keeping my fingers crossed, and keeping you and Daisey Lou in the thoughts!
I'm glad she seems to be passing things on her own! The poor dear.

I like how descriptive you are! ...even if it's kind of a gross mental image. :p
Good luck!!

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
Try a sprinkler, too. Mine always like to drink out of the sprinkler or off the substrate when I spray them. They always have a dish of water but something about the running water they like.

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
I keep my fingers crossed :) I can't wait to hear what the vet will say :)
You are doing an amazing job with Daisy Lou!

Status
Not open for further replies.