Anything Missing ?

Ivan_Diaz

Location (City and/or State)
Fresno, Ca
New tortoise enclosure for my sully !
Anything missing that I should add ? ( There is uvb lighting it’s just turned off)
Is it too big ?
IMG_4765.jpg
IMG_4762.jpgIMG_4764.jpgIMG_4544.jpg

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Be sure the cool side is not lower then 80 day and night. What's the humidity? Should be 80%. Lower the longer white thermometer to be more tort level. Water dish is too small. The clay saucer should be the water dish and lowered into the substrate so the top of the rim is level with top of substrate.

Ivan_Diaz

Fresno, Ca
Be sure the cool side is not lower then 80 day and night. What's the humidity? Should be 80%. Lower the longer white thermometer to be more tort level. Water dish is too small. The clay saucer should be the water dish and lowered into the substrate so the top of the rim is level with top of substrate.

Should the humidity be at 80% for the whole enclosure or just the cool side ? And how can I raise it to reach it faster ... thanks for the feedback.

katieandiggy

5 Year Member
Suffolk, United Kingdom
80% everywhere at least, it’s harder at the hot end to keep the 80% sometimes as the heat from the basking bulb dries out the substrate quicker. Make sure that you tip water into your substrate abs mix it all up with your hands, you may need to do that more regularly at the hot end.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Any openings, specially on top, will let the heat and humidity out. Try closing them off. If the heat of the lights, Che's are a concern then use tin foil to close up gaps.
Hanging lights and heat inside the enclosure is the best way if there is enough room.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
For very young tortoises I don't have a hot side, cool side. The whole enclosure is 80-85F degrees with a slight drop overnight.

Ivan_Diaz

Fresno, Ca
For very young tortoises I don't have a hot side, cool side. The whole enclosure is 80-85F degrees with a slight drop overnight.

That’s what eventually happened inside the enclosure during the day. Is it bad if it reaches 90 at times ?