Are these Cherryheads or Northern Redfoots?

Jaclynn0713

I found a local tortoise breeder, and they sent me some pictures. They said they were CHRF, but I'm not too keen on how to tell the difference. I have a slight preference for the look of the cherry's, but the price tag on the RF is a lot nicer (around $100 vs $150-$200). Any input? Do they look healthy?

SbkVNtN.jpg

iyHDWwL.jpg

O5pream.jpg

SsPlzZE.jpg

2xmFqti.jpg

2UBsN47.jpg

Jaclynn0713

Yeah, that's what I thought too, but when I googled cherry head plastron I found some pictures that seemed to have lighter ones, so I was a bit unsure lol.

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
South of Southern California, but not Mexico

Redstrike

10 Year Member!
New York
I agree, those are not cherries.

Like Will said, beauty is subjective. If you like those tortoises (they are gorgeous!) then pick them up.

allegraf

10 Year Member!
Here are some hatchling plastron a for cherryheads. You can see the vary strong dark marks (sounds like a Harry Potter character description) on their plastron.ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1457788020.882219.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1457788037.998513.jpg

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
I found a local tortoise breeder, and they sent me some pictures. They said they were CHRF, but I'm not too keen on how to tell the difference. I have a slight preference for the look of the cherry's, but the price tag on the RF is a lot nicer (around $100 vs $150-$200). Any input? Do they look healthy?

SbkVNtN.jpg

iyHDWwL.jpg

O5pream.jpg

SsPlzZE.jpg

2xmFqti.jpg

2UBsN47.jpg
The head morph on photo 5 looks northern.
I'm going for northerns from Guyana.
Now let's see how close I was. @cdmay.

cdmay

10 Year Member!
Somewhere in Florida
Never can say for certain with captive animals but they look like hatchlings from Suriname/Guyana to me.