Are you californians ok out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

John

5 Year Member
everytime i look at my computer weather it gets worse for california.whats going on?

Jessicap

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Wisconsin
watching the news now - does not look good! And this isn't the RAINY season? Yikes. Hope everyone is okay. You are all in my thoughts and prayers.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Rain...??.... Pffff.. it's a wonderful am shower dont ya know ?:p
RHypo.jpg

this morning's " shower shot" ....and yes the beach is flooded~:D
Have a Wet N Wonderful Day ~
BE SAFE!
JD~:)

tobibaby

5 Year Member
SoCal
it is horrible my tobi is bored, i am bored, and the rain wont give us a break.. thanks for ur prayers we sure need it.. everyone is confused right now as to WTH is going on here

Torty Mom

5 Year Member
Bakersfield, California
The news called it the pineapple express from HAWAII!! Thanks Hawaii! :p There is a "low" just off of Washington and Oregon that is causing the "Hose of the front" to swing much lower and nail us! Usually it's higher up and misses us. It's finally not raining right now but we have WET air from the fog that has rolled in because it stopped raining!!

I could bet we have exceeded our ENTIRE rain total for next year with this system, I'm gonna go look, now I am curious!!

Whiney butt Mary Anne :p

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Lucky for me, my house was built up on a slight hill. So all the rain runs off my lot. The tortoises are lovin' it. Dudley goes out every morning and just sits in it.

I love the rain too, however, because I work outside quite a bit, I'm pretty bored. I've read three books already since Sunday. But m-m-m-m-m boy does the fire in the wood stove ever feel WONDERFUL!!!

tobibaby

5 Year Member
SoCal
emysemys said:
Lucky for me, my house was built up on a slight hill. So all the rain runs off my lot. The tortoises are lovin' it. Dudley goes out every morning and just sits in it.

I love the rain too, however, because I work outside quite a bit, I'm pretty bored. I've read three books already since Sunday. But m-m-m-m-m boy does the fire in the wood stove ever feel WONDERFUL!!!

i know it does feel good to sit next to the fire and reading a book.. thats what i have been doing also.. do u think tobi is too small to be out in the rain for couple of minutes? i feel like its too cold for him and i dont want him to get sick.

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
We have no rainy season...we 're just happy to get what we get...and complain about it:p The ONLY thing I'm pissed about, is missing the eclipse last night!

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
I hate it! It does not let up for more than a few minutes. The kids are out of school and stuck in the house. My eleven year old played basketball in the rain and came in soaked yesterday, no big deal I do laundry everyday anyway. The worst part is my 16 year old is driving to basketball practice in this. I hate it! the roads are bad here:(

Tortuga_terrestre

10 Year Member!
Southern California
The weather does suck...I prefer to have the tortoises under natural sunlight than artificial. This weather makes going to the store a hassle.. the other day I actually to put on my Army Winter boots to get to my car since I was flooded outside.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I bought SCUBA gear for me and my tortoises, just in case.

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
Franeich~What burn area. After my nieghboring area burned about 7 years ago we had horrible flooding.
I just got back from my sister's house her poor horse's corral was flooded. We dug out the slush and she put down corral dry then put an easy up over the highest area and dug trenches to drain the water out. We were soaking wet and filthy. It rained the whole time. Not fun:(
Pic of the horse just got posted on F/B if you want to see:)

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
I work for Animal Control (City of LA) and we're concerned about mudslides from the Seyton and Signal Fires (Tujunga/Sylmar areas)...this isn't gonna be pretty!

SILVERSTAR

5 Year Member
sacramento california
yeah its hecka cold,gotta put my baby tort on 24 hour temp monitoring,and this cold is messing wit my knees and hips,this cali for christ sakes get on with it.

Madortoise

5 Year Member
Thanks for asking.
It wasn't so bad today in Long Beach, but of course I was in office all day...we'll see about tomorrow...some places in the city floods all the time w/even little rain. City planning is very poor and the road is not equipped for the rain in So-Cal in general so we need to watch out for unnecessary accidents.

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Southern Calif.
My tortoises are loving this rain, they come out every day, walk around eat, swim in the water, then go back to there hides, I dont mind this rain either, makes for good snow on the mountains for when i go snowboarding :)

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Every time I get upset about all the rain, flooding, bad drivers and inconvenience, I just think about all the weeds and grass that are going to grow out here now. Its going to be a bumper crop this year. All my torties will have their fill of grass and weeds daily for a while now.

I've got over 100 gallons of rainwater collected now too. Put it through a Magnum Micron filter and into 5 gallon jugs and a 44 gallon trash can. I should be able to spray down all the babies and not have such bad hard water stains on them. Good for my humidifiers too.

No matter how cloudy and overcast it is there is always a bright side...

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Southern Calif.
Man tom productive, i should collect the water, we got a bunch, i have a few old aquariums outside that are filled (forgot to cover them) and yess how the vegetation grows after the rain :) cant wait for it to all grow out, plus less forest fire with a good wet season.

Status
Not open for further replies.