Status
Not open for further replies.

Weda737

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
NC
This is a redfoot!?
hugeredfoot.jpg

This is the quote from that site "One of the facilities we visited was the research station Rancho Grande in Estado Aragua. Pictured here is Gilson Rivas holding an extraordinary specimen of a red foot tortoise."
And here's the site.
http://www.uta.edu/biology/herpetology/Venezuela 2006.htm
Is that for real? I didn't know redfoots could get that big!

Weda737

5 Year Member
NC
Yeah I wasn't happy about the dead things either, I'm just hoping that since it was a research facility these animals weren't killed as trophies.

nicoleandrocky

5 Year Member
California
Weda737 said:
Yeah I wasn't happy about the dead things either, I'm just hoping that since it was a research facility these animals weren't killed as trophies.

That's what i was hoping, if they died of old age or natural causes and tests where being run for good (after they died of course) then i'd be ok with it.

Weda737

5 Year Member
NC
I wish I could have seen that thing alive! Can you imagine, it must be ancient!

Weda737

5 Year Member
NC
I wonder if it was male or female, Aren't males bigger? but don't males also have that peanut shape?

To be fair, I know nothing about redfoot torts.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Weda737 said:

Not killed for trophies, but often in order to have an actual specimen of the animal. :(

Weda737

5 Year Member
NC
Jacqui said:
Weda737 said:

Not killed for trophies, but often in order to have an actual specimen of the animal. :(

Shhhh! I'm trying to be positive here, besides, if I were a researcher and found something like that alive I'd want to keep it alive and study it.

Status
Not open for further replies.