Ate fake plant

Cleopatra 2020

Location (City and/or State)
El Mirage. Az
Not sure if it will impact her my year and a half old female leopard Rosie eat some plastic or silk leaves from a fake plant I had in her enclosure not sure how many leaves she ate I just found the plastic stems empty so I fed her some cactus pads hoping it will Slime out of her any advice?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Not sure if it will impact her my year and a half old female leopard Rosie eat some plastic or silk leaves from a fake plant I had in her enclosure not sure how many leaves she ate I just found the plastic stems empty so I fed her some cactus pads hoping it will Slime out of her any advice?
I sure hate to see this. All my torts will do that, so I don't understand why people recommend using fake plants with torts.

I hope it all passes uneventfully.

Cleopatra 2020

El Mirage. Az
I sure hate to see this. All my torts will do that, so I don't understand why people recommend using fake plants with torts.

I hope it all passes uneventfully.
Well I'm going to work on continuous soaking and feeding cactus pad

AgataP

Seattle, WA
Cucumber might help as well. Especially if it’s not something that your tort gets to eat daily.

Cleopatra 2020

El Mirage. Az
Cucumber might help as well. Especially if it’s not something that your tort gets to eat daily.
I used to give her Cactus pad all the time whenever she would eat Orchard bark these were kind of thin silky leaves I believe.... hopefully she poops them out she can poop pretty big

teemo

Texas
You probably don't have anything to worry about. Expect her to pass them looking like they did when they went in. I had a female leopard (based on age bigger than yours I would guess though I don't think it will matter) who had found and ate a bright red ribbon without my knowledge... until I saw about an inch hanging out the back of her. Ended up being close to 2 feet long and looked exactly the same. Right or wrong I helped pull it out (gently) and she went on her way as if nothing had happened. Matilda (her name) also mamaged to get to the neighbor's yard once and ate the retired lady's variety of brightly colored flowers planted there. She later puked a veritable rainbow. Try to head-off 'edibles' as if they look like they might be food they will be considered food.
Good luck.

Cleopatra 2020

El Mirage. Az
You probably don't have anything to worry about. Expect her to pass them looking like they did when they went in. I had a female leopard (based on age bigger than yours I would guess though I don't think it will matter) who had found and ate a bright red ribbon without my knowledge... until I saw about an inch hanging out the back of her. Ended up being close to 2 feet long and looked exactly the same. Right or wrong I helped pull it out (gently) and she went on her way as if nothing had happened. Matilda (her name) also mamaged to get to the neighbor's yard once and ate the retired lady's variety of brightly colored flowers planted there. She later puked a veritable rainbow. Try to head-off 'edibles' as if they look like they might be food they will be considered food.
Good luck.
How big around is your tortoise and what is her weight?

teemo

Texas
How big around is your tortoise and what is her weight?
The incident described was 16 years ago so I have to guess and hope my memory is good. Matilda was second hand and big when I got her - not sure how old at the time. I had her for 4-5 years when she ate the ribbon. I'm guessing she was about 45 lbs then. So she had some size and years to her. You'd think she'd have been a little wiser about what to eat and what not to eat LOL Apparently, bright colors look tasty.

Cleopatra 2020

El Mirage. Az
The incident described was 16 years ago so I have to guess and hope my memory is good. Matilda was second hand and big when I got her - not sure how old at the time. I had her for 4-5 years when she ate the ribbon. I'm guessing she was about 45 lbs then. So she had some size and years to her. You'd think she'd have been a little wiser about what to eat and what not to eat LOL Apparently, bright colors look tasty.
How big is she now?...how old?