Avatar leopard picture size update

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
the avatar was taken this past September. Largest Tatum male 2011, then Lucy female 2010 from forum member @Neal and then Lilly female 2011 rescue.

Here they are now. From the right, Tatum, Lucy, Lillie.
09df51e680428b9a2ecbc429529ef13c.jpg

e4216409a7d47e3cdee01b0d4de393b4.jpg

Last edited:

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Lucy has really gotten big. I didn't measure, but she might be bigger then Tatum now, who at last measure was over 9 inches and that was a time ago. Little Lillie has some new growth finally, but is not growing at a normal rate, but does walk normal now. I'm sure she will start sprouting soon.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Looking good, Barb.
Thanks Yvonne G

And to help answer r/s/t question, @Yvonne G @Tom @Neal how old, more important how big should they be for me to expect them to mate and to let them mate?
Tatum will be four in March, Lucy turned four in November, and Lillie will be four this year too, but is way too small to even consider breeding.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I thought my 4 year old was too young/small to breed too, however, in his 4th year, my female laid eggs that ended up being fertile.
How old was your female? I dont want them to get bred at a too young or small of a size. The rescue female, not sure if I will ever breed her, she's too small yet, but Lucy, the one from Neal, I will breed.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
What did you do to my beatiful tortoise? She was all black when I sent her and now she has all that white on her. :p

She looks great! if you have time, please send more pictures.

The female that produced Lucy is relatively small for a female at less than 12". The male is relatively big at over 13", so I'm not sure what to tell you to expect as far as when she might be able to reproduce. Your male is probably capable, but Lucy might need another year or so. The femake that produced her is the smalkest I have seen reproduce, so she might be big enough at 11 - 12".

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
She does look great doesn't she. :D I will get you some more pics soon. She's not one for wanting to stand still. That's why I faced them at the wall.

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
Lovely trio. Lucy is a looker. I need to get myself a nice adult female soon for my young male. More pictures in the near future please!

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
They are look very nice!!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Thanks everyone. I am real happy with the way they are turning out. Wish Tatum was much smoother, but still a handsome tort:D

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I'm so happy to hear that Lillie is walking normal now and that size is great!

Thanks, I am so happy about her too. The hydrotherapy and the good old grassy ground and big area did wonders for her. She books now like she never had a problem. :) Now if she will just get some size on her. She's getting there, at least she finely started showing new growth.:D