baby hermann's enclosure finished!!!

theodorejr

Location (City and/or State)
Austria
hey everyone!! its me again ~~

i now have officially finished setting up my baby hermann's enclosure !!

see pictures below, is there anything to add or to remove in your opinion??

bc of lighting and uvb i already checked in other threads and it seems to be the correct ones ;)

humidity is about 85% all the time because of my topper!

thanks to everyone who takes time to look at it ~~

Attachments

• IMG_7836.jpeg
    IMG_7836.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_7837.jpeg
    IMG_7837.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_7838.jpeg
    IMG_7838.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 5

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
Wow! I seriously cannot begin to tell you how refreshing this is to see! It’s clear you’ve done your research here! I love it!!❤️

Just a few quick questions, are those over head strip lights both T5 uv lights? Or is one ambient lighting? If both are UV, you’ll get away with just the one that’s nearest the basking end to save your other bulb for replacement time🙂
Is that coir you’re using? Not a top soil?😊

The only thing I’d personally change is the dial monitors to digital because the dials can be inaccurate, but tbh if you have a temperature gun to do back up checks and you can see condensate on the cover, I wouldn’t worry too much, just preference👍

But seriously props to you! This is wonderful! Definitely post pics of your new baby! Can’t wait to follow your journey🥰

theodorejr

Austria
Wow! I seriously cannot begin to tell you how refreshing this is to see! It’s clear you’ve done your research here! I love it!!❤️

Just a few quick questions, are those over head strip lights both T5 uv lights? Or is one ambient lighting? If both are UV, you’ll get away with just the one that’s nearest the basking end to save your other bulb for replacement time🙂
Is that coir you’re using? Not a top soil?😊

The only thing I’d personally change is the dial monitors to digital because the dials can be inaccurate, but tbh if you have a temperature gun to do back up checks and you can see condensate on the cover, I wouldn’t worry too much, just preference👍

But seriously props to you! This is wonderful! Definitely post pics of your new baby! Can’t wait to follow your journey🥰
i still have to exchange the uvb bulb to a normal ambient led light but ive been so busy ill do that soon ;)

i have both digital and dial monitors and ofc a temperature gun :)) digital is the white one on the cooler side to make sure the temperature doesnt get too hot there!! and on the digital one i also am able to see the humidity and it always shows me 85% so it should be alright!!

its coco coir mixed and topped with orchid bark!!

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
i still have to exchange the uvb bulb to a normal ambient led light but ive been so busy ill do that soon ;)

i have both digital and dial monitors and ofc a temperature gun :)) digital is the white one on the cooler side to make sure the temperature doesnt get too hot there!! and on the digital one i also am able to see the humidity and it always shows me 85% so it should be alright!!

its coco coir mixed and topped with orchid bark!!
Sounds perfect! Nice work🙌

theodorejr

Austria
Would you mind if I used your photos of this set up as an example to newer members sometimes? It’s such a great way to house a younger tortoise! No hard feelings if not🐢💚
yes ofcourse !!! 🩵🩵 u can totally do that, i feel honored thank you! also much love to you because without y'all this wouldve never been possible, i really am thankful to have such a great community i can always come back to 🥰

Last edited:

theodorejr

Austria
i have a little temp problem.. currently i use an arcadia flood lamp 75watt and under the lamp the temps are about 36 - 38°, but since i put on the greenhouse topper the heat is getting pretty strong there and day temps on the cool side are about 30-31°.. during night time it drops to 26-27° in the enclosure thats the only time it cools down.. just incase i already bought the same flood lamp just in 50watt should i change it to that? would that help the temperature getting cooler on the cold side?? im just scared it might be too hot for my tort..

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
i have a little temp problem.. currently i use an arcadia flood lamp 75watt and under the lamp the temps are about 36 - 38°, but since i put on the greenhouse topper the heat is getting pretty strong there and day temps on the cool side are about 30-31°.. during night time it drops to 26-27° in the enclosure thats the only time it cools down.. just incase i already bought the same flood lamp just in 50watt should i change it to that? would that help the temperature getting cooler on the cold side?? im just scared it might be too hot for my tort..
What are the temp gun readings for all over ground temps in there with the 75? If they are indeed too warm could you raise the bulb? Or yeah try the 50 and see if that helps🙂