Baby Leopard tortoise update

JDDV97

Location (City and/or State)
Houstin tx
With this in mind, perhaps you’ll find this thread useful for some visual examples on a closed chamber set up

I’m still curious on the monitors though because this doesn’t look too bad a closed chamber imo, many have been able to get this kind to work, the size won’t last as long as the examples I include in my thread, so probably still worth going over. But with the foil around the domes, you should theoretically be able to maintain this, if the ground temp readings you’re giving are accurate that is🙂
They’re reptizoo but not digital . I have 3 placede
You need about 24 inches to do that, but my preference it to just use a proper closed chamber, rather than trying to make something work with plastic bins and zip ties or plastic tents.
did some browsing what do you think of this pop up green house ? And I make a custom wooden base for substrate and put 2 floor lamp stands 24 inches away for basking light and CHE. @Littleredfootbigredheart @wellington

Attachments

• IMG_2359.png
    IMG_2359.png
    699.7 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_2360.png
    IMG_2360.png
    96.3 KB · Views: 1

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
They’re reptizoo but not digital . I have 3 placede

did some browsing what do you think of this pop up green house ? And I make a custom wooden base for substrate and put 2 floor lamp stands 24 inches away for basking light and CHE. @Littleredfootbigredheart @wellington
Are they the gage monitors? Those are known to be pretty inaccurate so I’d recommend you get yourself some digital monitors and a temp gun as first port of call.

Greenhouse wise I wouldn’t use this particular model because of it looks quite tall, you want one lower so your heat and humidity doesn’t just rise to the top of it. One more like the one wellington posted

JDDV97

Houstin tx
I believe this one is shorter in height than the one he posted & 4 feet smaller in width .

Does the width matter for humidity ? One is 2 feet wide & the other is 6 feet wide

Attachments

• IMG_2364.png
    IMG_2364.png
    229.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2363.png
    IMG_2363.png
    282.3 KB · Views: 0

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
I believe this one is shorter in height than the one he posted & 4 feet smaller in width .

Does the width matter for humidity ? One is 2 feet wide & the other is 6 feet wide
Could you find one similar to that green one? 6x3 is a nice size for a hatchling and should last a while, but it could do with being a 2foot height
Would this work for t5 stand
View attachment 379064
this will work for your uv though yes🙂though tbh you’d probably get away with making your own much cheaper, I’d also get yourself a timber block to mount to incase the attachments on this one don’t slide onto the reflector fitting
IMG_3190.jpeg

JDDV97

Houstin tx
Could you find one similar to that green one? 6x3 is a nice size for a hatchling and should last a while, but it could do with being a 2foot height

this will work for your uv though yes🙂though tbh you’d probably get away with making your own much cheaper, I’d also get yourself a timber block to mount to incase the attachments on this one don’t slide onto the reflector fitting
View attachment 379065
Oh wow beautiful enclosure . Are the cheap digital thermometers good or do you recommend spending more and getting an Accurite brand one . I hear that brand is good. .

Attachments

• IMG_2367.png
    IMG_2367.png
    275 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2369.png
    IMG_2369.png
    301.6 KB · Views: 0

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
Oh wow beautiful enclosure . Are the cheap digital thermometers good or do you recommend spending more and getting an Accurite brand one . I hear that brand is good. .
That enclosure was another member’s who joined recently, I really liked it as an example, it’s lovely isn’t it🙂
I’d probably go with the second one, it does look better, though I have seen folks say the cheap ones work perfectly well too, if you get yourself a temp gun you’ll have a way to do a back up check anyway so those cheap ones will probably do the trick and you can place them in multiple areas, perhaps @Tom can say which he’d prefer to use? I beckon him cause we use a different type of digital monitor altogether lol