Baby sulcata

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Sorry may be a slow question but the uvb not basking turn off right? Will he be ok until tomorrow without it ? I also found a glass sliding top at petco would this be fine ? Regarding the "somewhere to hide " ... what I made take out ? And just use one of the bushes you suggested ?
Keep your current hide in there, but also drop in some branches from the right type of plant.

Turn off the cfl UV bulb.

Replace the basking bulb with a flood bulb ASAP.

Don't waste money on a glass top for an enclosure that is way too small. Get a bigger enclosure.

All of this and more is explained in here:

SPRING HILL
Keep your current hide in there, but also drop in some branches from the right type of plant.

Turn off the cfl UV bulb.

Replace the basking bulb with a flood bulb ASAP.

Don't waste money on a glass top for an enclosure that is way too small. Get a bigger enclosure.

All of this and more is explained in here:
Ok thank you what do you think about these two l.e.d light fixtures . And then getting a basking light from the list on your thread .

Attachments

• Resized_Screenshot_20210928-210114_Chrome.jpg
    Resized_Screenshot_20210928-210114_Chrome.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 8
  • Resized_Screenshot_20210928-210152_Chrome_173491002315275.jpg
    Resized_Screenshot_20210928-210152_Chrome_173491002315275.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 8

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Ok thank you what do you think about these two l.e.d light fixtures . And then getting a basking light from the list on your thread .
Get out of the pet shop and into the hardware store.

That T5 HO tube is good for UV. Get your tortoise outside for some sun once in a while when you can. They can go weeks with no UV if you have to skip some times in winter.

SPRING HILL
Get out of the pet shop and into the hardware store.

That T5 HO tube is good for UV. Get your tortoise outside for some sun once in a while when you can. They can go weeks with no UV if you have to skip some times in winter.
I'm going today to return my lights and take your advice . Question with the long lights from the hardware store , you don't think it will fry him because of the width from the bottom of tank to top ?

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
I'm going today to return my lights and take your advice . Question with the long lights from the hardware store , you don't think it will fry him because of the width from the bottom of tank to top ?
No they won't, you can also use aluminum foil over the top temporarily but you need a bigger container, use a storage tote or a box or just use your imagination to close off the top...