Baby sulcuta

Egbertthesulcuta

Location (City and/or State)
Clacton
Morning everyone
I’ve had my sulcta “Egbert” for the last two weeks hes eating fine and I soak him/her for 15- 20 mins every morning in warm water I’m finding myself worrying incase I’m doing anything wrong he loves resting his head and currently loves sleeping in my slipper ( I bought him a brand new pair ) so no foot smells 😂 is this ok any info would be much appreciated

Attachments

• A041673D-B296-41E4-AF64-54020BFEE491.jpeg
    A041673D-B296-41E4-AF64-54020BFEE491.jpeg
    150 KB · Views: 7

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Morning everyone
I’ve had my sulcta “Egbert” for the last two weeks hes eating fine and I soak him/her for 15- 20 mins every morning in warm water I’m finding myself worrying incase I’m doing anything wrong he loves resting his head and currently loves sleeping in my slipper ( I bought him a brand new pair ) so no foot smells 😂 is this ok any info would be much appreciated
Welcome from Devon. Egbert looks so cute - your photo really cheered me up this morning.
Angie

Egbertthesulcuta

Clacton
Ohhh thank you zolasmum 😂 Egbert does love the fluffy scared he/she might have a slipper fetish when it’s older haha xx

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Ohhh thank you zolasmum 😂 Egbert does love the fluffy scared he/she might have a slipper fetish when it’s older haha xx
Our Hermanns tortoise, Zola, is almost 22, and is obsessed with shoes - particularly mine, but they have to have feet in them. He can spend ages sitting on my black cloth shoe, gently stroking it and playing with the laces, but only if my foot is in it - then sometimes he gets a bit "romantic" and winds himself up when the shoe doesn't respond - it can be very funny, but he gets upset, which is upsetting for me too. Still, a bit of a cuddle from his mum, and something nice to eat, usually does the trick. He loves all shoes, - the one which would send him into a frenzy is a red Croc !
I expect Egbert just likes your slipper as a cosy cave, for now, which is very sensible of him.
Best wishes from Angie x

Egbertthesulcuta

Clacton
Angie thank you so much for your response it really made me giggle love how yours loves a croc 😍😂😂 this has made my day x

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Welcome, can we see pics of your enclosure? Egbert might be trying to stay warm. What kind of heat source do you have.
Egbert is a cutie!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Morning everyone
Hello and welcome. Your baby needs to be in a heated enclosure.

Most of the care info found for this species is all wrong. Its been wrong for decades and just keeps getting repeated. Here is the correct care info:

Egbertthesulcuta

Clacton
We have got a tortise table for our baby off Amazon and was using a mercury vapour d3 basking lamp 100w uva and uvb I’m guessing this is all wrong 🤦🏻‍♀️ We have keep our heating on since we have had him too the guy in the pet shop seemed quite knowledgeable at the time but after reading the comments and care sheet I know now I need to change somethings I have been worried about the humidity and was soaking his wooden hut in water once a week he don’t care for that much at all though and mainly try’s to climb on top of it he loves anything fluffy he sort of stretches his legs in and out even on my dressing gown also I have been using tortise terrain in his enclosure from pets at home and give him a mixed of greens and komodo tortise pellets in dandelion soaked in water he seems to eat a mixture of both thank you so much for commenting and attaching the care sheet this has been a great help and we will look into changing this very quickly thank you again xxx