bath question

Status
Not open for further replies.

sammy28

5 Year Member
is it better for me to bathe my turtle 1-2 times a day seperate from her enclosure, or just to have a pool inside her enclosure? I've been bathing her at least once a day, but I wanted to know if this was okay.

I have no problem with it, and it's easier for me, but if it's wrong lemme know.

-sam

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Washington
You should have water available at all time, big enough for the tort to completely soak, and easy/safe for it to get in & out. In addition, soak if you do not see the tort drink, or if you choose to do so as needed for 10-15 min at a time up to a few times a week. Let us know if you need suggestions for water dishes. What size tort?

davidvd59

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
I have a watering bowl for crickets in my tortoise enclosure. They drink their water from that. I take my tortoises out to soak them. I do not allow them to sit in a filthy feces ridden bowl while I am at work.

Jas2Cats

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
My 5 year old Leo's have a large bowl in their enclosure which they drink from and soak in. They never poop in it, but, if I put them in a tub away from their enclosure to soak, they always do. I do make sure to clean out their bowl every day or it gets algae.

When they were younger and inside the house, I bathed them 2-3 times a week for about 15 minutes each time.

Status
Not open for further replies.