Behold! Leonora is home!

Renee_H

Location (City and/or State)
Glendora, Ca
So I found her and went into over drive finishing my enclosure and she is now home. I expected a pretty decent transition period as she was in her previous home for 23+ years. Nope she came right in and went to work munching grass, walking across her water dish and eating some opuntia to the ground. She is also far more friendly than I expected. Anytime I find a place to sit within her enclosure she’ll walk over and stand next to me. When I give her shell rubs she sinks down and stretches out her legs. I assumed she’d be leary of head and neck rubs but nope, she loves those too! She’s very active and has a great appetite. She already given me evidence that her digestive system is moving and everything looks great in that department too. She had no trouble putting herself to bed night one in a corner opposite her house. So I moved her to her house and locked her in for the night. The next morning I moved her house to her chosen spot and she goes in and out all day and put herself to bed on her own after that. Her favorite place to hide is under a large fern next to the waterfall. I’ve seen her nibbling a bit at the hibiscus and rose leaves but ignored them when I pulled some and added them to her plated dinner. She had her first soak yesterday and drank well. She is also using her 20” plant saucer - but mostly just to walk through with the occasional sip. I can’t get over how active she is 😊 no pretty rock here! 😆
Thank you everyone for your support encouragement and wealth of knowledge!
P.S. she used to small amounts of mango, apples, blueberries, watermelon or banana weekly. I did offer a sliver of mango and 2 blueberries and she didn’t touch them. I think I understand she doesn’t need any fruit so no worries on that! (Me just anticipating someone pointing out that piece of mango! She didn’t eat it! LOL)
IMG_9515.jpeg

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
So you found her? She was lost or you had been looking for one, and found her?
Sounds like she's right at home, that's great. Yes, you are correct they shouldn't eat fruit, specially on a weekly basis, that's too much.

Renee_H

Glendora, Ca
So you found her? She was lost or you had been looking for one, and found her?
Sounds like she's right at home, that's great. Yes, you are correct they shouldn't eat fruit, specially on a weekly basis, that's too much.
I saw an ad. She was available for adoption. I wasn’t looking for one for now but have kept my eye out for the right situation.