Best app?

Renee_H

Location (City and/or State)
Glendora, Ca
I’m only finding ones I have to pay for, so if I’m going to pay I’d like to find something worth buying.

As I prepare my enclosure for a future tort I removed all the weed barrier and I water the area daily to see what grows. A lot! A LOT grew! Trying to figure out now what’s safe and what’s not. For fun here is a picture of what I think I’ve determined is wandering Jew among several other things. IMG_9172.jpeg

Alex and the Redfoot

Cyprus
I’m only finding ones I have to pay for, so if I’m going to pay I’d like to find something worth buying.

As I prepare my enclosure for a future tort I removed all the weed barrier and I water the area daily to see what grows. A lot! A LOT grew! Trying to figure out now what’s safe and what’s not. For fun here is a picture of what I think I’ve determined is wandering Jew among several other things. View attachment 374705
I use a free app Flora Incognita, it works much better than Google Lens for me. IPhones have built-in plant ID function, it's being said to be pretty accurate.

Alex and the Redfoot

Cyprus
Here is a guide from a random internet site:

Open the Camera app on your iPhone
Take a photo of any plant
Head to the Camera Roll or the Photos app
Find the image you just took of the plant, or any saved plant photo
How to use Visual Look Up
swipe up or tap the encircled "i" icon in the toolbar
Tap Look Up

Renee_H

Glendora, Ca
Here is a guide from a random internet site:

Open the Camera app on your iPhone
Take a photo of any plant
Head to the Camera Roll or the Photos app
Find the image you just took of the plant, or any saved plant photo
swipe up or tap the encircled "i" icon in the toolbar
Tap Look Up
Thank you so much!

S2G

AL
Ive had good luck with seek by inaturalist

Renee_H

Glendora, Ca
😆 hi it’s me 👋🏻
I took a PTO day and thought, what would be more fun than spending my day IDing all these delicious tortoise foods/weeds? HA so far most I’ll be spending the day removing. This is a very interesting hobby I’ve acquired, “tortoise keeping” who knew so much would go into it! That said I’m a self proclaimed life longer learner and I am learning and acquiring new skills daily.
I keep telling myself, “If you build it they will come” who loves that movie? Just me? Back to removing the deadly poisons that apparently abound in these parts! ☠️

RosemaryDW

5 Year Member
Newport Coast, CA
iPhone blows everything else out of the water imo and it's "free," presuming you already have the phone. I say this as someone who was already pretty good with plant I.D.

It occasionally gives me a false return but it's typically because my photo isn't good.