Best Water pan for adult redfoot group?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hustler

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Alberta Canada Eh
I am looking for a better way to supply water for my indoor adult redfoot group.
I have used a shallow cut 45 gallon drum base, a rubbermaid cut down to 3 inches and ive tried the dog dish/water bottle idea.
I have large pieces of slate i put infront to keep the cypress out but the water is always filthy 10 min after i clean it out. There must be a better way?
Any ideas or designs is greatly appreciated

printer4u

5 Year Member
Hi, I just found out from a friend that he is using a drip pan for water heater. can be purched in Home Depot for less than $10.00 Hope this helps

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
printer4u said:
Hi, I just found out from a friend that he is using a drip pan for water heater. can be purched in Home Depot for less than $10.00 Hope this helps

Hi printer4u:

Won't you take a few moments to start a new thread in the "introductions" section and tell us a bit about yourself?

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
I use rabbit pans from tractor supply. They come in 24", 30",34", and 36" they are 3" deep and made from very rigid plastic. My medium redfoots and adult redfoot groups love them. The water pans work good too but can be flimsy.

tyler0912

5 Year Member
Blackburn, U.K.
I use a cat litter tray, with a small waterfall in the corner and a few river-rocks in it :)

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Ok Hustler here is a set up I use.....
Its a large 16"x48" ( approx) plastic container buried down to rim level. Before rocks installed I installed two pumps , one to circulate the water and a sump pump for " quick " cleaning drainage. I then added stones at different sizes to provide a gradient , thus creating a shallow to deep end . It works well , the torts love it , very easy to clean ( not literally , but to keep the mosquito larva from developing).
No problems thus far .....

Lets zero down on the north end of the cove......
btbest.jpg
bt1.jpg

bt2.jpg
bt8.jpg
bt7.jpg
bt6.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.