Big Island, Hawaii checking in!

HiloReds

Location (City and/or State)
Hilo, Hawaii
Hello everyone! After about a year on trying to locate red foots here on my island and feeling like I researched enough to feel confident in raising these magnificent creatures. I finally decided to pull the trigger and adopt the 2 red foots I’ve kept on visiting at our local petco. From what one of the workers told me, Was they been in there for almost a year.
Until they get bigger they will be raised in doors. While soaking up 1-2 hours of Hawaiian sun per day when I get home from work.
I just want to say this forum is awesome! So full of info. I’ve been on here under the radar about a year too and finally made an account. Looking forward to chatting, gaining knowledge and getting to know everyone. Pics below from this afternoon.

Attachments

• IMG_7916.jpeg
    IMG_7916.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_7915.jpeg
    IMG_7915.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 4

zovick

10 Year Member!
Hello everyone! After about a year on trying to locate red foots here on my island and feeling like I researched enough to feel confident in raising these magnificent creatures. I finally decided to pull the trigger and adopt the 2 red foots I’ve kept on visiting at our local petco. From what one of the workers told me, Was they been in there for almost a year.
Until they get bigger they will be raised in doors. While soaking up 1-2 hours of Hawaiian sun per day when I get home from work.
I just want to say this forum is awesome! So full of info. I’ve been on here under the radar about a year too and finally made an account. Looking forward to chatting, gaining knowledge and getting to know everyone. Pics below from this afternoon.
Good looking tortoises! Welcome to the TFO and good luck with your new friends.

Soon you will most likely be told that tortoises should not be kept in pairs, but perhaps you already know that from lurking here for a year.

Each tortoise should have its own separate enclosure to ensure the best of health for both of them.

HiloReds

Hilo, Hawaii
Good looking tortoises! Welcome to the TFO and good luck with your new friends.

Soon you will most likely be told that tortoises should not be kept in pairs, but perhaps you already know that from lurking here for a year.

Each tortoise should have its own separate enclosure to ensure the best of health for both of them.
Yessir. Each got their own enclosure indoors.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hello from Central California! Welcome to the Forum!!

Sarah2020

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
London, UK
Welcome, keep us posted on their progress. Ask questions as required. Enjoy your shelled warriors.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Hi and welcome to you and your torts!
Lots to learn but this is the best place to do that.