Big Toad poop in Sulcata's water

• Thread starter Maggie Cummings
  • Start date
M

Maggie Cummings

Please will a toad expert tell me how big a toad has to be to put out something this size? That's my shoe for size, it's an 8. Every morning there's either 2 piles in the shallow water, or if I make it deep, the 2 piles are next to the water on the ground. Bob won't go in his pool, he smells it and says no. I have rinsed it out and made it clean, but somehow these giant toads are leaving large toad poop and Bob won't use his pool. Any advice on how to get rid of them? Or what to do? I clean out the poop daily...
c_YLl8NFUZDn9VwDVZEF6sy_TC9Mc3nnD-kEVuHBIeE=s175-p-no
WslxUud-3C2FsLqJz-UhnZF57BqpkPTye8ohn8XNrCI=s175-p-no

Momof4

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
San Diego
Sure it's not scat? That is huge if it's from a toad!!

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Please will a toad expert tell me how big a toad has to be to put out something this size? That's my shoe for size, it's an 8. Every morning there's either 2 piles in the shallow water, or if I make it deep, the 2 piles are next to the water on the ground. Bob won't go in his pool, he smells it and says no. I have rinsed it out and made it clean, but somehow these giant toads are leaving large toad poop and Bob won't use his pool. Any advice on how to get rid of them? Or what to do? I clean out the poop daily...
c_YLl8NFUZDn9VwDVZEF6sy_TC9Mc3nnD-kEVuHBIeE=s175-p-no
WslxUud-3C2FsLqJz-UhnZF57BqpkPTye8ohn8XNrCI=s175-p-no

http://icwdm.org/inspection/BlackBrownDroppings.aspx

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Sorry, Maggie - but that's not from a toad. That's opossum poop. I know from which I speak because every morning I clean that same stuff out of my box turtle waterers.

Bob is one smart cookie. All kinds of bad germs in 'possum poop.

M

Maggie Cummings

Sure it's not scat? That is huge if it's from a toad!!

Raccoons, poop a pile of round balls.....

I've seen a lot of big toads and their poo.
In my humble opinion, it's not from a toad.

You're humble opinion is so freaking valid! However, my poop looks just like the picture in Angela's link, by the quarter, but too small. My sis is 'usually' not wrong, neither are you, so I guess I set out a live trap tonight. What do I put in it for a possum? cat food? Peanut butter....What?

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
For possum use Cat food. Something that reeks.
For a racoon use an apple.
Also, thanks for the kind words!
Don't forget I am currently raising an opossum until he is big enough to be released.
They are simply nasty.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
@teresaf
View attachment 128485
This is not the first time I've heard such a comment about myself. They say “Youth is wasted on the young " well I fully intend on getting my money's worth out of this life!!!

Good for you. Hey, there is only one time around, make it count like it is your last, cuz it is.:confused::D

Big B

5 Year Member
Orlando, FL
Ha that is too funny. Ten bucks a pound. Could be a new money making hobby.

M

Maggie Cummings

Sorry, Maggie - but that's not from a toad. That's opossum poop. I know from which I speak because every morning I clean that same stuff out of my box turtle waterers.

Bob is one smart cookie. All kinds of bad germs in 'possum poop.

Have you ever actually seen your possum leave that deposit? I hear a huge toad, and my pictures match googled big toad poop. So even tho I am ALWAYS wrong when I don't listen to my sister, I'm putting my money on big toad poop. I have a live trap set in the bit of water in the pool, covered with a tarp so it's kinda hidden and used some stinky a** cat food. So, he's visited nightly for a couple of weeks. I'll catch something tonight....

M

Maggie Cummings

Take it way way way way way far away.

You don't actually think I would put a stinky thing like a possum in my car do ya??? I wouldn't even take Bob to the Vet in it. I don't even eat in it....

M

Maggie Cummings

I personally think my thread has more to do with aquaria, rather than tortoise. So I do believe my personal moderator made a mistake in moving my TOAD thread, not Sulcata! :<3: anyway