Black Mountain or Brown Mountain Tortoises

JFBmustang

Location (City and/or State)
Sw Ranches
I'm looking to start a new tortoise colony in my yard and am particularly interested in black or brown mountain tortoises. I'd love to get some advice on: Can anyone recommend reputable breeders or vendors for black or brown mountain tortoises? I would like to start with younglings so they will be able to acclimate in my location (South Florida). ANy recommendations?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I'm looking to start a new tortoise colony in my yard and am particularly interested in black or brown mountain tortoises. I'd love to get some advice on: Can anyone recommend reputable breeders or vendors for black or brown mountain tortoises? I would like to start with younglings so they will be able to acclimate in my location (South Florida). ANy recommendations?
Off the top of my head, both of these two would be an excellent source of a well started healthy animal:
@Kapidolo Farms
@Rodriguez Chelonians

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
Vic Morgan is usually one of the first names that come up when speaking of manouria. He's also in Florida. Facebook might be the easiest of contacting him since his site appears to have been taken down.

zovick

10 Year Member!
I can vouch for this fellow. His name is John Bailey and I know him personally. He is very conscientious and knowledgeable. He may have animals available which are older than the currently advertised hatchlings also.