Bought everything

Status
Not open for further replies.

Creampuffs

5 Year Member
I don't know if the picture will turn out on the forum but I got everything listed and plan to build an outdoor home next year.
Thanks to everyone for the great advice and help...

The neighbor told me I had to take him in to have his nails cuts... I didn't read anything about that on the web.. so I'll be researching nail care.. for Nerdy...

Thanks again everyone
B~

Attachments

• 100_1359.JPG
    100_1359.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 83

richellesworld

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Gulf Coast - Texas
Creampuffs said:
I don't know if the picture will turn out on the forum but I got everything listed and plan to build an outdoor home next year.
Thanks to everyone for the great advice and help...

The neighbor told me I had to take him in to have his nails cuts... I didn't read anything about that on the web.. so I'll be researching nail care.. for Nerdy...

Thanks again everyone
B~

I am interested to know about nail clipping... I admire your out door habitat!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
The picture turned out well. Can you clarify something for me? I see a tiny what looks like a waterdish and then on the right a bigger something. Is that for him to soak in? Can he get into it? Seems like the sides are too high above the substrate from the angle of the picture. Then not sure if he can get back out of it either.

Does he have a hide? I do like the real plants, has he started chowing down on them yet? Does he like his hay? Overall great job!

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
what else do you feed him besides the hay?
Be prepared to make a bigger outdoor area very soon! he will grow fast.
If he has a large area to walk around in, he shouldn't need a nail trim, they will wear donw normally

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Post a pic of the nails. I haven't heard of anyone here trimming nails yet anyway. If you have some flat rocks to walk on they should where down themselves. Same with the beak. Feed on a piece of flat rock or clay tile and the beak should be kept worn down also.

Watsonpartyof4

5 Year Member
When I took Tyrone I. To have his beak trimmed, the did cut just a few of hi longer nails... Not much just the tip of a few

Creampuffs

5 Year Member
That is actually the kiddy pool that he was given to me in. The cross board is his den.. quarter of the space you see open, he sleeps back there at night under the board. If I leave him out he sleeps under any pillows I leave on the floor. (basement has outdoor carpet) Timonthy hay and I have pellets that was given to me Grassland trtoise food with added vitamens and minerals. Plus the Rep-cal powder over his pellet food. I'm a newbie so feel free to correct me here :)

The picture shows his Indoor home. He lives mainly right now in my basement. (finished basement I'm down there 90% of the time)

The water dish he can get in and out of on his own. he just drink out of it though. The smaller rocks of water normally have pellet food in them.

I'll get a pic of his nails asap ;)

His outdoor enclosure is not finished yet. But it is a wood 10 by 12 shed with a tin roof that is set directly on the ground. I have no pen built yet that is a next year cash thing. He doesn't stay out there at all. He does roam my backyard alot. .5 acre privacy fenced in area. nothing can hurt him. I keep hoping he will mow the lawn but he doesn't appear to like grass. he likes clovers.. haha

Some people have made it a point to tell me because I strickly fed him pellets like a rich tort that he may not desire the hay but he seems to like the hay. I didn't know at the time. So he use to be stricky zoo med high fiber pellet from petstore.

Well off to bed for me before work.. Thank you all and I will get the pictures about the nails soon.

Does his shell look healthy to you all??

Night
B~

Jacqui said:
The picture turned out well. Can you clarify something for me? I see a tiny what looks like a waterdish and then on the right a bigger something. Is that for him to soak in? Can he get into it? Seems like the sides are too high above the substrate from the angle of the picture. Then not sure if he can get back out of it either.

Does he have a hide? I do like the real plants, has he started chowing down on them yet? Does he like his hay? Overall great job!

The big clear pail you see sweetie.. it's not full ;) just barely enough to hit the shell actually. cause I change it if he gets into it.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
you need to make getting him outside a higher priorty.. sunshine and natural grazing. If he eats the timothy hay, that is great, but grazing is even better. Excersise is important too.
Be carefull letting him roam the floor, they can get chilled and accidently eat things they find down there..
Save up to get some 1 x 10 boards, stake them out in the yard and you have yourslef a pen. or get Cinder Blocks. Both of these materials you can sometimes find on craigslist for cheap or even free!

Status
Not open for further replies.