Calling on indian star owners residing in INDIA

shanu303

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
India
Is pyramiding a health problem...?
I di sprey and sometime a couple of drops of coconut or almond oil to shine their shell...
pyramiding at early stage is a cosmetic problem in general, but in severe conditions it could be a sign of MBD(Metabolic Bone Disorder) so better safe than sorry. I'd suggest not to use any kind of ointment on the shell and let it be natural, Besides they are already beautiful without the shiny shells.

shanu303

5 Year Member
India
Hi all read all most of posts:rolleyes: above nice to see you all :).......... Actually i wish to welcome my tortoise:tort:and wish him a long life:<3: but i dont think so :(as my tort had eat a stone:mad: some days before as I got to know when he was try to eat another one:mad::mad: and his poop was also white and heavy o_Olater its always its poop come in red colou:eek:r i think his internally bleeding i only hope that he survive:) for long years with good help and if he is paining then let his paining stop forever :(
sorry to hear about that, can you post some pics of the poop, your torts tail and back side so that we can ascertain what the problem exactly is. The thick white thing in the poop is known as urates and is normal.

yashpatil

this is today morning photos will upload more images later plz help guys............

Attachments

• DSC_3819.jpg
    DSC_3819.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 31

shanu303

5 Year Member
India
this is today morning photos will upload more images later plz help guys............
what do you feed? and the water in that container is deep for your tort, it should be lower than the mouth, and they aren't good swimmers

yashpatil

ok i ll take care of water onwards currently he is on tomato and gawar as i think he is ill i prefer to give what he likes the most.
but before that also he used to eat tomato still his poop used to black

shanu303

5 Year Member
India
ok i ll take care of water onwards currently he is on tomato and gawar as i think he is ill i prefer to give what he likes the most.
but before that also he used to eat tomato still his poop used to black
the poop is orange-red due to the tomato and not the blood. Stop the tomato immediately, instead you can feed cucumber(kakdi) and other greens. the irregular bowel movements are due to tomato.

yashpatil

Can some one plz come to my home and send your tortoise over here as he is not eating anything else but tomatoes I tried cutting mixing everything

He stay 1 entire day without food but not even touch his food and finally i got frustrated and give him tomato

he simply run to get it (its nice to watch ) but whats next if anyone have plan plz tell

as I already told i given him in salad form i given him chopped tomato with others he will target only and only tomato he eat only 2 pices of gawaar(cluster beans) as i give him by my hand but for entire day and next day he got bored not eat a single piece not by hand or any othr method and waited for tomato to arrive.

monsteramp

dimension X
right now he knows u will be giving tomato so he doesn't want the other food. if u dont give tomato, he will eat the other food eventually when he's hungry. maybe squeeze some tomato juice on the food to attract him to eat.

Roshni

U can give him hibiscus flower, the colour might attract him to eat.

yashpatil

right now he knows u will be giving tomato so he doesn't want the other food. if u dont give tomato, he will eat the other food eventually when he's hungry. maybe squeeze some tomato juice on the food to attract him to eat.
I tried it actually but he remain hungry for nearly 2 days and i dont know how many days he can live without food so in the end i offered him tomarrow i am planning to crust tomato with other items lets hope this ll work

Satya

Hey Shanu303, I am getting 2 Indian Star in a day or two. I wanted to know how big should I get. I wanted to get the baby ones but climate in our region (Delhi) is going till 45 degree C. So should I go for bigger ones like more than 4 inches or what? I had RES and it died, I use to keep it under sun in the water. It was a 2.5 inches baby.

So for the star suggest me the size which should be taken and also tell me what type of substrate to be used for the flooring. Thanks

shanu303

5 Year Member
India
Hey Shanu303, I am getting 2 Indian Star in a day or two. I wanted to know how big should I get. I wanted to get the baby ones but climate in our region (Delhi) is going till 45 degree C. So should I go for bigger ones like more than 4 inches or what? I had RES and it died, I use to keep it under sun in the water. It was a 2.5 inches baby.

So for the star suggest me the size which should be taken and also tell me what type of substrate to be used for the flooring. Thanks

i would suggest you to get the bigger ones as they are more resilient and since you are new to this you should first read everything about the care and food before getting into it, i hope you've got that info from TFO.

dheeraj rajan

avtually i have just a star bought a tortoise it only eats tomatoes plzz ztell me wat to give it to eat i m an indian so we dont have any lawn it lives inside my house i daily give it a sun bath for 15 minute in morning plzzz help me to keep it healthy it is small star tortoise plzzz tell me its daily routine and food and how shud i give it

Hari8689

Mumbai - India
Hi all...
I have seen a video in imstagram where all the star torts were eating pellets (pelleted food)
I know that is very healthy but i dont know from where i can get it in India. Can anyone please help me.

Satya

Ok. So is it ok to get a bigger one which in India is obviously wild caught. Read some where that wild caught should be avoided to pet as they can not adapt in captivity. But the younger ones (wild caught) can do well as they start adapting because they never been in wild for long. What's your opinion.