Cannibal Holocaust (Turtle Scene) Warning! Graphic DO NOT WATCH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
RE: Cannibal Holocaust (Turtle Scene) DO NOT WATCH.

Just a warning folks, do not watch if you do not wish to see a turtle killed for food.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Oh no, I made it to where they flipped it up on the bank. It was so big and beautiful. :,(

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
Why is this on the forum??

Life is good

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
The ban is warranted. For one, those who made the film were not only evil and cruel, but they pretended to feel sorry for the turtle(especially the girl), and the background music was patronizing. They didn't need to eat the turtle-it's not like they were starving to death. So, the film was made to extract reactions. And for that it caused the life of a magnificent creature. I still can't believe how animalistic some humans can be.

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
sibi said:
The ban is warranted. For one, those who made the film were not only evil and cruel, but they pretended to feel sorry for the turtle(especially the girl), and the background music was patronizing. They didn't need to eat the turtle-it's not like they were starving to death. So, the film was made to extract reactions. And for that it caused the life of a magnificent creature. I still can't believe how animalistic some humans can be.

This stuff just pisses me off.. *starting up chainsaw* those people should be eaten, but they probably taste like chicken :)

Life is good

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
I didn't realize there were so many vegetarians here on the forum.

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
I saw this movie back in the 80s...it was publicized as a 'snuff' film...the Americans were supposedly killed on film. Funny! The only scenes I couldn't watch were when animals were butchered on camera...

The animals' deaths are real...so don't watch...it's not necessary!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Chainsawkitten said:
Why is this on the forum??

Because it does have to do with turtles and tortoises. While most here do not agree that they are a source of food, some do believe eating them is okay. This clip does not violate any rules. Folks are being warned ahead of time not to watch if they do not want to see a turtle killed. We do try to be an open forum and show all different views, when possible.

Please folks, even if you have strong feelings on how bad this is, do not post things that are against the rules or would break a law.

JohnBoy1

5 Year Member
That was totally pointless for them to try and catch a meal in that manner. I myself am a outdoorsman and to catch a meal and then to wrestle with it and drag it up a bank on its back does nothing but taint the meat with adrenaline tightening the muscles and making it very tough. That was just for show and was totally wrong. A smallarms shot to the head would have been much easier if they were truly hungry instead of smiling and goofing off for fun.

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
Re: RE: Cannibal Holocaust (Turtle Scene) Warning! Graphic DO NOT WATCH.

JohnBoy1 said:
I myself am a outdoorsman and to catch a meal and then to wrestle with it and drag it up a bank on its back does nothing but taint the meat with adrenaline tightening the muscles and making it very tough.

I find this very interesting....

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Team Gomberg said:
JohnBoy1 said:
I myself am a outdoorsman and to catch a meal and then to wrestle with it and drag it up a bank on its back does nothing but taint the meat with adrenaline tightening the muscles and making it very tough.

I find this very interesting....
[/quote

Interesting? Why? Did you not know this? It's NOT about food or the kind of food we eat. It's all about being humane about killing animals for food. There is a wrong way and there is a right way. This film shows the wrong way, and was done in an inhumane way. Many hunters know the way to hunt an animal for food. You don't stress and fight the animal because of the adrenaline released from the animal. Not only does it make the meat tougher to eat, but it's very bad to eat healthwise. Over time, it can cause stomach cancer or other serious ailments. Do a search on the internet to see for yourself.

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
I found it interesting that the adrenalin released during a stressful killing would affect the texture and taste of the meat itself.

I understand a right vs. wrong way of killing. That wasn't my point.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Okay, didn't know if you knew that. I misunderstood. My apologies.
Team Gomberg said:
I found it interesting that the adrenalin released during a stressful killing would affect the texture and taste of the meat itself.

I understand a right vs. wrong way of killing. That wasn't my point.

Brandrep88

5 Year Member
The scene would be nothing but atypical animal slaughter if not for the music.

Status
Not open for further replies.