Can't stop me!

Turtlepete

Location (City and/or State)
South Florida
There are some species which are endemic in a small habitat. For example the most cuora kinds most C. aurocapitata or G. japonica or H. depressa...

In the list of super-tiny-restricted-range, vulnerable reptiles, I think Bothrops insularis, the Golden Lancehead viper would take the cake. Endemic to only a single, 40-something hectare island off the coast of Brazil. Thankfully, nobody lives there, and unlike our shelled buddies they have quite a good defense mechanism against collecting! There is an incredibly "thick" population density though, but sadly this puts them at risk of inbreeding, the effects of which can apparently already be seen in some specimens….
But thats a little off-topic, haha ;). Makes for some interesting thought though, for sure. I think Pyxis species would be another.

Last edited:

juli11

5 Year Member
Europe
In the list of super-tiny-restricted-range, vulnerable reptiles, I think Bothrops insularis, the Golden Lancehead viper would take the cake. Endemic to only a single, 40-something hectare island off the coast of Brazil. Thankfully, nobody lives there, and unlike our shelled buddies they have quite a good defense mechanism against collecting! There is an incredibly "thick" population density though, but sadly this puts them at risk of inbreeding, the effects of which can apparently already be seen in some specimens….
But thats a little off-topic, haha ;). Makes for some interesting thought though, for sure. I think Pyxis species would be another.

Yes actually you can say that most of the tortoises only have a small range where they live anymore. Maybe without the forest kinixys, carbonaria and denticulata and paradalis...

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
More pictures please.......Thank you! ! ! !!

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA

They all love and in shock of this great big room for tortoise. We all like to see how you use the other space for other torts?

Thanks.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
I think you'll be sorry you haven't protected that black plastic. They'll have that ripped to shreds in no time.
On the walls you mean? It's quite thick. Like very thick plastic. I hope they don't destroy, but I'm certainly not doubting they won't.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Someone mentioned scrambling the eggs a while back, so the next time I was going to feed eggs to my Manouria I scrambled them instead of boiling. The tortoises ate the eggs just fine, but boiling is much easier on the preparer.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Someone mentioned scrambling the eggs a while back, so the next time I was going to feed eggs to my Manouria I scrambled them instead of boiling. The tortoises ate the eggs just fine, but boiling is much easier on the preparer.
If @Cowboy serve his Manouria, That will be scramble eggs..................... with BACON. I know for sure.

And he will seat in join them too.:D

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
added to my file for sharing....

Thanks.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Here we go. Worked on the ramp for browns enclosure yesterday. They of course had to investigate every material being used. Like little kids.
image.jpg
The frame for the ramp.
image.jpg
A little more reinforcing of the frame and beginning to place the 1x6 sub floor for the rubber mat to go over. This application will allow any water to drain properly if moisture is built up between the rubber mat and subfloor reinforcing.
image.jpgThen once all the 1x6 subfloor is installed the rubber mat gets put in place and screwed in.
image.jpg And a little dressing up on the side next. Should be good to go. They're already using it.
image.jpg
image.jpg
And out into the yard is where the ramp leads to. It's bare now. But will get some lovely plants and hides put in soon. Also a good 3-4" of mulch/leaves so big mama(female) can build her nest to lay eggs this summer. Next up is the phayrei pen, pond, and ramp.
image.jpg

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Here we go. Worked on the ramp for browns enclosure yesterday. They of course had to investigate every material being used. Like little kids.
View attachment 123191
The frame for the ramp.
View attachment 123192
A little more reinforcing of the frame and beginning to place the 1x6 sub floor for the rubber mat to go over. This application will allow any water to drain properly if moisture is built up between the rubber mat and subfloor reinforcing.
View attachment 123193Then once all the 1x6 subfloor is installed the rubber mat gets put in place and screwed in.
View attachment 123194 And a little dressing up on the side next. Should be good to go. They're already using it.
View attachment 123195
View attachment 123196
And out into the yard is where the ramp leads to. It's bare now. But will get some lovely plants and hides put in soon. Also a good 3-4" of mulch/leaves so big mama(female) can build her nest to lay eggs this summer. Next up is the phayrei pen, pond, and ramp.
View attachment 123197

Wow! Wow! Wow! Wow! WOW! ! ! ! ! !:eek::eek::eek::):):)

What a paradise! ! ! !

Thank you very very much Kelly for share those update with us.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
And....Updating my thread in that Chinese thread......

Thanks again.