Carolina Pet Supply

Redstrike

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
New York
I ordered a bunch of seeds and cactus pads from Carolina Pet Supply on June 05. The seeds were promptly delivered however the cactus pads (back ordered) have been a different story.

I have called on four separate occasions spanning the three month wait for a 1lb box of cactus pads. The first three phone calls (spanning June 30 - Sept. 7) I was told that they would be getting the pads in and together for shipment very soon! Each time the sales associate explained that the backorder was on account of high heat and inability to harvest pads (understandable). After being told the same thing three times over a 3+ month period, I began to question the truthfulness and validity of why my cactus pads had not shipped. I explained that I had called on three separate occasions and have heard the same claim (they will be out today or tomorrow!) and reason (high heat) for the backorder. The associate seemed understanding and assured me they would be out for shipment soon!

Today, I called and was told the cactus shipment was coming in Monday and they would be shipping out then. Unfortunately I had to ask for a refund as I'm exhausted with the broken record explanation of why my cactus pads have not arrived.

I thought CPS was a great place to purchase goods for my tortoises but after this interaction I no longer feel the same. It's unfortunate to say they have lost all my future business.

I hope others have had better experiences with this company but you may want to be cautious about ordering cacti from them.

sue white

5 Year Member
Central IL
I've ordered seeds and such 3 times from them and had to remind them about 1 order (this was cactus pads,too) that was being "processed" for about a month .Must of been overlooked because once reminded got 2 days later. Will plant some of these pads so I'll have my own supply.no problem in the future

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I have only ordered from them a couple times and had no problem. However, this was about 4-5 years ago.

josuah

5 Year Member
Corpus Christi, Texas
I ordered some TNT and seeds from them on the 18th and haven't heard a peep from them since. No shipping confirmation, no tracking number, nothing. I sent an email the other day asking if I had been forgotten, no joy. No idea what's going on but I'm thinking about asking for a refund.

Gulf Coast of Florida
I ordered from them and communication was poor. They eventually got all my orders together and sent out after I sent a message. I'm happy with all my seeds, and I'll order again because I love all the products offered like the seed mixes. Faster processing would be nice or an email letting you know when your items will ship.

Beasty_Artemis

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Oregon Coast
Unfortunately, I had a bad time ordering some TNT from them. My money was immediately taken from my account, but I was never sent a shipping confirmation. After no email response and no sign of my package I just got a refund and went through Amazon since my mom has an account there.