1. Welcome! Are you interested in tortoises? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our community is the #1 place for tortoise keepers to talk online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your tortoise and enclosure, and discuss any tortoise topic with other tortoise keepers. Get started today!

Carolina Pet Supply

Discussion in 'Tortoise Vendor Reviews' started by Blackdog1714, Jan 26, 2019.

1. Blackdog1714

Blackdog1714 Well-Known Member

Location (City and/or State):
    Richmond, VA
    I attempted an order for Tortoise TNT on 9/15/2018. I used PayPal. By beginning of October no TNT no email so I contact PayPal to open a claim. Carolina Tortoise Supply emails me that he is ready to ship and do I still want so I say yes go ahead. Well he drags that out and so the magic 20 day PayPal window passes. He even sent me a forged PayPal post saying I got a charge back yet my account and card show no such thing! Super shady and would not recommend him which is sad considering all the good reviews he had gotten previously! BTW I still have the email conversations we had to include the forged one for proof
  2. irishkitty

irishkitty Well-Known Member

Tucson, AZ
    (These ads do not appear for registered members.)
    Wow. So sorry to hear about the trouble. I've bought TNT and some seed mix from them before, and it took a couple months to get them. But lately I've heard stories like yours that are definitely discouraging me from buying from them again!

Check out "TortRescue" on Etsy. They have a great supplement mix they sell. I recieved my order in less than a week, and my torts seem to like it more. They are currently having a sale too with free shipping!
  3. Blackdog1714

Richmond, VA
    Thanks. Ordered and shows as shipped already. Fingers crossed
    irishkitty likes this.
  4. Blackdog1714

Richmond, VA
    Wow! Got it already and it smells awesome to me! My Russian loves it. Thanks for the suggestion
    irishkitty likes this.
  5. Blackdog1714

Richmond, VA
    Well PayPal just decided in my favor today in regards to claim against Carolina Tortoise Supply. He never replied to them and sent me obvious forged documents showing I had been chargedback. Very sad that this had to happen, but I want people to know so they can make an educated decision
  6. Grandpa Turtle 144

Grandpa Turtle 144 Well-Known Member 5 Year Member

That’s why when people ask me . I suggest “ Az Tortoise Compound “ He’s a member here and he puts his cell phone number on his web page . So you can talk to him before you buy from him !
    Blackdog1714 likes this.