Caution Cute Tort Alert

Destben

Location (City and/or State)
Kansas
IMG_7706.jpg
I’m one proud tort mom! My baby Torterra earned the banner picture spot with her cute little booty on my favorite leopard tort Facebook page!!! They are the ones who recommend tortoise forum care sheets. [emoji7][emoji7][emoji7][emoji7]

Destben

Kansas
IMG_7892.jpg
Baby Torterra is still growing like a weed! I wonder if I smell different because I have been feeding my baby mouse formula. Anyways she has been acting strange and pulling into her shell when I pick her up and she usually doesn’t do that with me. She’s fine once I start talking to her though.

Lark_Tortoise

5 Year Member
Ct
She is such a beautiful tortoise! I love the expressions she makes!:D

Destben

Kansas
Baby torterra started digging with her back legs into the substrate yesterday. shes 7 months, not big enough to tell if she is a he or not let alone dig a nest. So I gave her a really good soak and she let almost 10 grams worth of #2 out. OMG!! Shes completely fine but DANG!

Mr.Lee

I love the 1st pic in #1. She is saying ...the food is mine, don't think about it. By the way, I'm wondering wheather the diet is moisture-laden for her ?

Destben

Kansas
I love the 1st pic in #1. She is saying ...the food is mine, don't think about it. By the way, I'm wondering wheather the diet is moisture-laden for her ?

I give her different mixes of greens from the store topped with mazuri, herbal tortoise hay (from Tortoise Supply. It’s actually different weeds and flowers no hay), and dried dandelion leaf. Every once in a while she will get cucumber though, so that’s the only really moisture laden thing she gets. In the wild they are built to extract every little nutrient from what they eat. I do however soak her for 30 mins every day and her enclosure is always 80% humidity or above as leopard tortoises are not prone to shell rot and are born in the rainy season.

Destben

Kansas
IMG_8340.jpgIMG_8345.jpg
My beautiful Torterra is getting so big! She’s hit a stunt in her growth just before 200g. That’s ok though she can take her time. [emoji173]️