Cautionary tale :(

SULCY

Location (City and/or State)
NEW YORK
To kill ants mix a little Borax (20 mule team borax cleaner) with sugar and moisten and put on some wax paper. The ants bring to the nest and die. Very safe to use I even give a little borax in my pigeons bath water once a week helps to keep bugs and things off and they drink the bath water with no problem.And yes it is safe been using it for years. There was an article put out a few years ago that Borax was dangerous but that was all dispelled.Since I have never used it in a reptile enclosure I wouldn't just to be extra safe but safer than any of the sprays. Oh does a good job on clothes also.

jakskillz

Location (City and/or State)
Georgia
It was said because I feel some people think because things are safe to spray around people that it is ok around pets too. We have a strict no spray policy.

Yes absolutely agree. Even things that are considered “pet safe” generally are only referring to pets like dogs and cats. Aquatic pets, reptiles, and amphibians are more sensitive and cannot handle many foreign substances. They also will not show as much obvious discomfort until it’s too late.