Cave = tortoise mind blown

mini_max

Location (City and/or State)
Alberta, Canada
That spot in the elbow of the driftwood there is his favorite place to hang out. This morning I got the brilliant idea to dig a cave under it that pops out the other side of the log bridge. He went wild for it! Was more active than he has ever been! Even rekindled his relationship with his cuttlebone! Just had to post a little gloat because my last few big ideas have kind of gotten the opposite response. image.jpgimage.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

mini_max

Alberta, Canada
It was all well and good until he decided to make that his sleeping spot, and I could hear his claws on the bottom of the enclosure. So now I have to pull out my cauldron and witch hat and mix up another batch of coir, then pull everything out, make it deeper and try to put it back just the way I had it. With my luck he won't touch it after

Jodie

5 Year Member
Spokane Valley WA
He is very cute. They just like to keep us challenged and intersted.

TortsNTurtles

10 Year Member!
North East
I love it! I think I may copy you on this so thanks for sharing. Is that orchid bark mixed with coir for substrate? It looks great.

newCH

5 Year Member
So.FL
Like the driftwood idea. Cave even better.

mini_max

Alberta, Canada
I just bought that driftwood-y looking log in the reptile section of the pet store. I have about 5 inches of substrate but added a few more inches in this area. Then I just dug him a burrow by hand. I had that little log bridge (from the rodent section of the petstore) over the back to keep it from collapsing when he walked over. I thought about using half a flower pot under the coco coir for support, but I like that he is surrounded by his nice moist coir. He actually covers the entrance every night! Since I keep it moist and he sleeps and spends a lot of time here I get away without a humid hide.