Cheated by Megaray?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zork

5 Year Member
Hi everyone, Has anyone have experience to contact with megaray by email? I did trust megaray as I used their bulb 4 years ago with excellent performance .

However , I did order new bulb last April 2011, after I paid via paypal. I did not receive any bulb , and no any reply even I sent alot of email to ask my order. I have no idea why they are still running business but loss trust of customer right now.

I paid around 140 usd for two 220v 100w SB with shipping cost. Arranged to send to oversea. Is it the reason they do not care about oversea customer? Because the oversea customers are not able to claim the money back? I'm really disappointed with online shop now.

I think I learn enough from megaray. I will not order any thing from oversea anymore.

Pokeymeg

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Boston, MA
I have no experience with Megaray, but for future reference, you can open disputes via paypal. Next time you do not receive something, Paypal will get your money back.

SulcataSquirt

5 Year Member
Missouri
It seems mega ray have been in over their heads with business and keeping up with their sales. I would just open a dispute with paypal to get your money back, would be alot easier than dealing with them. not bashing mega ray but seems like alot of people on this forum have had little to no luck with their service, tho when you do get a bulb the results are said to be good. Lets seem what others have to say.... Zoomed powersun uv bulbs may not be as good as them but I can send a blown blub to them without contacting them and have a new one back to my door in under a week (1 year warranty + amazing customer service is a win win situation for me) and personally I dont see any mega ray bulb growing my tort better than my powersun has. (This is just my option of megaray from what fellow memebers have said.) Tho my Zoomed experence is first hand. Good Luck

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
If the bulbs were ordered in April, then a dispute is probably out of the question.

Zork

5 Year Member
The order excess the deadline to dispute via paypal. I suppose they, megaray is good with reputation and I think they will send me the bulb when the stock are available but I was wrong.

Tony the tank

5 Year Member
Mega ray operates out of an auto repair facility.. When I needed to order my zoological bulbs..I left them messages everyday.. For a month.. No response... Then I did my homework and cross referenced there address and found out it was a repair facility.. I then got the # for the facility and called... Bob picked up immediately.. And was very helpful.. Spent close to an hour on the phone with me...took my order and I received the bulbs a month later(I know a long time)..but my experience with there product is great...

Tony the tank

5 Year Member
They switched addresses on there web site..There new address is a resident not a commercial address... But I still have a box of backup bulbs somewhere ...I will see what they list for a return address... And find the number..

yagyujubei

5 Year Member
Amish Country
You're not alone. They got me too. It's a one man operation out of his garage. Personally, I think he should be in jail. I'd keep my animals in the dark before I'd send him another penny. He makes sure that his shipping time exceeds paypals claim time. So if you do get a bulb, it's already too late to file a claim when it stops working after a week or two.

Zork

5 Year Member
I did report to paypal to tell them my situation. I think there should be alot of order with similar situation but they are still using PAYPAL to receive money...

Ickisrulz

5 Year Member
I heard about MegaRay on this website. Supposedly the best light available. In other words I did my homework, but things have changed.

Hopefully people are doing their own homework and can see that ordering from MegaRay is very risky. You may or may not get your bulb. The bulb may or may not work for more than a couple weeks.

Buyer beware. MegaRay is not a company you want to do business with.

Zork

5 Year Member
I sent email to paypal and received their reply but they can do, just try to ask the shop reply my email. If no respond from megaray, I will tell everyone About this

tortoiseboy8o8

5 Year Member
Oahu
Sorry to hear about your situation. I've placed two orders with them so far and got my bulbs both times. The first back in July/August and recently this past December. The bulb itself puts out great #'s for UVB. How long they last aren't that great. My first one burnt around 1-2 months in. This second one I just got seems to be better so far. Not with Solar Raptor any more, bulb came in a plain white box just like the old days. Hopefully this one lasts.

Zork

5 Year Member
Good news,

I recevied the reply from megaray. They replied my paypal claim form I did send last year but it dated Jan 2012 again. I think paypal helped me to contact megaray for my request. They said that the order will be going out this week and sorry for my email, which all gone in inside the spam filler without escape. I will update my situation if I finally received my order. Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.