Coccidia

BrianWI

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Wisconsin
Glad he is feeling better! Even the intestinal cocci is no fun. Glad you followed through and had a great outcome for sure. I hate losing any pet.

ShreddersMom

Eastern Maryland
Glad he is feeling better! Even the intestinal cocci is no fun. Glad you followed through and had a great outcome for sure. I hate losing any pet.

Ugh, isn't that the truth! My doctor thinks he likely has had it for a loooooong time - well before we got him. But it certainly seems to have made the difference. He looks great and is doing well!

Thank you everyone!

TurtleBug

10 Year Member!
I value and appreciate your - @deadheadvet - opinion and input every time you offer it. I often wait for your responses on medical issues here. The "vet thing" goes a long way here, especially combined with your experience and credentials when it comes to tortoises.

Absolutely agree. @deadheadvet, thank you for taking the time to post on this forum. Greatly appreciated.

surfergirl

I learned a ton in this thread, thanks to all for sharing this information with us. I have never had a sick tort so I am so interested in learning about it mainly to continue to avoid it.

Moonfleur54

Millersport, Ohio
So my guy tested positive for a moderate amount of Coccidia. Picking up dewormer tomorrow. Anything to watch for? He got a clean bill of health, blood work was great, and my doc said he's one of the bets looking and healthiest torts she's seen in a long time. Just keeping an eye out. She said lethargy, anorexia, and diarrhea. Anything else? She's suspecting he's had it a while based on his numbers, but he's not currently symptomatic.
Hello from Ohio! I currently posted several threads about my 5 yo Russian, Miss Piggy testing positive for coccidia. How did things work out for your tort? What species?