COLD DARK ROOM

W Shaw

Evening all - hope everyone is well.
Just popping in quickly before I head out to do a bit of shopping.
I'm usually pretty good for original gift ideas but this year I've drawn a blank on what to get everyone that I still buy for.
People have so much stuff these days its almost impossible to think of something they would like, need or use!
So I'm off to wander aimlessly around a few shops.
See you later

So, here's my new thing. Marimo balls. They take very little care (change the water every couple of weeks, roll them around occasionally), they look adorable in any little glass container, including jam jars. If you want to get all fancy, you can put a couple of pebbles, gravel or play sand in with them. People think they're so unique and cool, and most people have never heard of them. I just got 6 of them on Amazon for $9 (Which I think is about 5 pounds these days). They arrived in a bag marked, "Share the love of the fluffy!" So... wash out a couple of jars, drop some little marimos in them and you're good to go.:D

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Fes, Morocco
So, here's my new thing. Marimo balls. They take very little care (change the water every couple of weeks, roll them around occasionally), they look adorable in any little glass container, including jam jars. If you want to get all fancy, you can put a couple of pebbles, gravel or play sand in with them. People think they're so unique and cool, and most people have never heard of them. I just got 6 of them on Amazon for $9 (Which I think is about 5 pounds these days). They arrived in a bag marked, "Share the love of the fluffy!" So... wash out a couple of jars, drop some little marimos in them and you're good to go.:D
Fascinating organisms.
Though the thought of balls in jars has always scared me for some reason.

johnandjade

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
scotland

just had a Googleboogle, looks like fun stuff:)