COLD DARK ROOM

Lyn W

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
UK
I used to hate that "racing heart" thing. Never had much of a head ache!(hardheaded Polaka!) but it was the heart and stomach thing! Ughhh! Don't miss that one bit!
I never used to get hangovers unless I mixed drinks but now they hit me like a ton of bricks even of I don't so while I do like the odd tipple I never let myself get to a stage where I know I will suffer. Awful feeling!

Pearly

5 Year Member
Central Texas, Austin area
I was on a gin and tonic diet once
- I lost 2 days!
Gin was one of those things that I liked in a drink but after overdosing couple of times, on the next day just the memory of it's smell would surely make mi sick, and that smell would obsessively follow me... Ghhhh!!!! That and moonshine! Any type of moonshine! I don't know why but for some reason the smell.... I must be allergic to them!

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Gin was one of those things that I liked in a drink but after overdosing couple of times, on the next day just the memory of it's smell would surely make mi sick, and that smell would obsessively follow me... Ghhhh!!!! That and moonshine! Any type of moonshine! I don't know why but for some reason the smell.... I must be allergic to them!
I have never liked Gin I don't like the smell or the taste. My spirit of choice would be brandy - in small doses these days!!
I also like an occasional Jack Daniels, but I am quite a lightweight when it comes to alcohol, a very cheap date!! Although in the UK soft drinks are almost as expensive as alcohol these days.

Pearly

5 Year Member
Central Texas, Austin area
I have never liked Gin I don't like the smell or the taste. My spirit of choice would be brandy - in small doses these days!!
I also like an occasional Jack Daniels, but I am quite a lightweight when it comes to alcohol, a very cheap date!! Although in the UK soft drinks are almost as expensive as alcohol these days.
I'd be an "ultimate cheap date" then! Don't even like soft drinks, usually just drink water and add lemon or lime wedge with my meal when eating out

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
I think Maggie is made of stronger stuff than me!!
Everclear® alcohol
Everclear is a pure grain alcohol. The brand, produced by David Sherman Corporation, comes in two strength bands, both 95% (190 proof), and 75.5% (151 proof) bottles. Although, the 95% is undeniably the most popular and most available type.

Many of the US provinces have made it illegal to buy Everclear and it's very uncommon to see the most potent of the Everclear products sold outside of America.

And it's for good reason too. Everclear is incredibly potent and should be used strictly and responsibly. Don't drink it straight!