COLD DARK ROOM

Lyn W

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
UK
It's spring. The hormones start flowing. They usually settle down. Keep up the soaks and don't forget that hungry tortoises usually eat. Don't get caught in the hand feeding trap - you could end up with a tort that will only eat from you.

Joe was as an exception. His pacing was constant, almost manic, even when he was too cold to walk properly he would be trying to pace, just very slowly.

Just a thought, has he outgrown his enclosure? Is it time for a bigger one?

Hi Joesmum and thanks for the advice. It's true that "In the Spring a young tort's fancy lightly turns to thoughts of love!" He even seems interested in own shadow!! He is still in his own room so has plenty of room. He has eaten some today while I was at work which is good although he walked through most of his 'plates' and spread it everywhere - Mucky pup that he is. No I'm not going to make him dependent on me - as you say if he is hungry he will eat I will just continue to make sure he has a good variety of fresh food available. He is still enjoying a long relaxing soak every day. On the weekend he didn't seem interested in basking under his mvb at all and favoured cooler parts of the room but its very cosy in there even at his level with the underfloor pipes near the surface and the radiator etc so nothing changed temp wise for him but was worried he's not getting uvb. Lets hope we get some warmer spells soon so he can go out for a bit of the natural stuff.

Lyn W

10 Year Member!
UK
I don't know what it's beennlike over your way, but we he had the sun out on a few days recently. If the sun's out, ge Lola out if you're home :)
Yes we've had some sun but still very cold and chilly breeze here on weekend. I've been out in the garden after work today making sure his patch is hazard free, so that if we do get a nice warm afternoon he can go out for a while.

spud's_mum

United Kingdom
Hello everyone.
Hope your all ok.
I've just been outside disinfecting pip and squeaks new enclosure for the second time.
I got it 2nd hand and it's in very good condition other than the fact that it STINKS. The woman used to keep rabbits in it and where the bottom is wood, I think that the urine has just soaked into it.

I have scrubbed it with soapy water and used pet disinfectant on it twice o_O

Lyn W

10 Year Member!
UK
Hello everyone.
Hope your all ok.
I've just been outside disinfecting pip and squeaks new enclosure for the second time.
I got it 2nd hand and it's in very good condition other than the fact that it STINKS. The woman used to keep rabbits in it and where the bottom is wood, I think that the urine has just soaked into it.

Can you put a new piece of board on top of it?

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
I saw him at Crystal Palace a while back - fantastic! No gimmicks and fancy scenery - just raw talent.
We saw him at The Emirates in 2013. He came on and played for nearly 4 hours straight without stopping. Simply the best concert I have ever been to.

Some people missed the start because he came on pretty soon after the doors opened.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Hello everyone.
Hope your all ok.

Did you try the bleach?

Lyn W

10 Year Member!
UK
We saw him at The Emirates in 2013. He came on and played for nearly 4 hours straight without stopping. Simply the best concert I have ever been to.

Some people missed the start because he came on pretty soon after the doors opened.
Yup he certainly gives fans their money's worth!

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I was thinking about my older woman comment and realized that every girlfriend I ever had. Both wives and all but just one woman I ever dated have been older than myself.
It's about 1 to 5 years with the biggest gap being 12 years.
Strange, huh?
I don't find myself attracted to older women in particular and it's not about maturity. I'm a young jerk at heart.
Has anyone else had all younger or all older relationships?

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
I was thinking about my older woman comment and realized that every girlfriend I ever had. Both wives and all but just one woman I ever dated have been older than myself.
It's about 1 to 5 years with the biggest gap being 12 years.
Strange, huh?
I don't find myself attracted to older women in particular and it's not about maturity. I'm a young jerk at heart.
Has anyone else had all younger or all older relationships?
All of mine have been older ( because with age comes more than smarts )