COLD DARK ROOM

Lyn W

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
UK
View attachment 170772Shelly's happy, I'm happy:)
I'm worried that Lola is unhappy right now - he is very active doing a lot of pacing and not eating much unless I feed him or sit by his plate - just walks through it. otherwise. Wondering if he's reached sexual maturity and is looking for a mate. Been reading Joesmum's posts about hormone implants.

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
I'm worried that Lola is unhappy right now - he is very active doing a lot of pacing and not eating much unless I feed him or sit by his plate - just walks through it. otherwise. Wondering if he's reached sexual maturity and is looking for a mate. Been reading Joesmum's posts about hormone implants.
I went through that with Jay when I first moved.
Thankfully after a couple carrot soaks and time she came back to her normal self

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
It's spring. The hormones start flowing. They usually settle down. Keep up the soaks and don't forget that hungry tortoises usually eat. Don't get caught in the hand feeding trap - you could end up with a tort that will only eat from you.

Joe was as an exception. His pacing was constant, almost manic, even when he was too cold to walk properly he would be trying to pace, just very slowly.

Just a thought, has he outgrown his enclosure? Is it time for a bigger one?

johnandjade

5 Year Member
scotland
good mornooning brothers and sisters of the cold dark room! today brings a new challenge, my manager came in and spoke with me yesterday... the owner of our company is taking semi retirement :) once again my name came up for promotion for area manager;) my padawn is being placed in a garage next to me, so I got to make sure he produces results... pep talk time. it's time for coffee and bacon, it's a tartan spartan kinda day!!