COLD DARK ROOM

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kent, South East England
Just popping in to say:
318049.png

Won't be staying long: am not feeling well.
I hope you feel better soon Gillian x

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Indian food is YUMMY !
I too love Indian food. It's about flavour, not heat.

Writing it all off in a sweeping statement is a bit like saying you don't like cheese. There's such a huge variety of flavours, textures and types that there's bound to be something that you actually like :)

For those in the UK, I really recommend the Spice Tailor sauces. They're really simple and taste fantastic. You seem to be able to get them in all the supermarkets. They have heat ratings for those who don't like hot food.

I ignore the instructions to some extent and put loads of veggies in as well as meat.
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1476167254.779477.jpg

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Hi Ed how are you? What of the hurricane?

Please stay safe and take care.
The hurricane totally missed this area of Florida. Thanks.
And I'm just fine.
You?
Why are you not feeling well?

Last edited:

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
I too love Indian food. It's about flavour, not heat.

Writing it all off in a sweeping statement is a bit like saying you don't like cheese. There's such a huge variety of flavours, textures and types that there's bound to be something that you actually like :)

For those in the UK, I really recommend the Spice Tailor sauces. They're really simple and taste fantastic. You seem to be able to get them in all the supermarkets. They have heat ratings for those who don't like hot food.

I ignore the instructions to some extent and put loads of veggies in as well as meat.
View attachment 189221
I've tried a lot of it. I don't like any of the flavors. I don't like curry and most of the consistancy is unpleasant to me.
Strangely enough, we have an Indian restaurant (Owned by my previous neighbor) that sells a pretty good PAD TAI. Go figure.
BTW my wife doesn't like cheese.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
I've tried a lot of it. I don't like any of the flavors. I don't like curry and most of the consistancy is unpleasant to me.
Strangely enough, we have an Indian restaurant (Owned by my previous neighbor) that sells a pretty good PAD TAI. Go figure.
BTW my wife doesn't like cheese.
My point is that there's far more to Indian food than curry. There are some fantastic breads and pastries and rice dishes and...

I could say I don't like American food (not true by the way) simply because in the UK what's presented as American is burgers, ribs and fried chicken and I'm not that fond of any of it. There is great American food - give me a good chowder or key lime pie any day! It's just that opportunities to taste good examples are not available often over here.

We have large Indian/Pakistani/Bangladeshi communities over here thanks to the days of the former British Empire and "Indian" food cooked and served has changed and improved beyond recognition in the last 40 years.

Round here we also have a Nepali community (families of British Army Gurkhas) and that's different again... still in the "Indian" bracket. I love a good Nepali Momo :)

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Even when I ate at Nigels house (The restaurants owner) and he just cooked some simple blue crab. The taste was very strange to me. Unpleasant.
I'm not a food snob. As you may already know and I'm very fond of some very unusual Japanese foods, etc. that would have a lot of folks running away.
Lets just say that as of today, I haven't encountered any Indian food that I thought was very good. Now that being said....Most of my Indian food experience has been limited to just a few restaurants. None of them vegetarian only, but all of them Indian natives from India.
I'm not big into pastries, etc. But I will continue to be adventurous and try more dishes in the future.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
so the clown craze is over here now.. i must admit it appeals to my sense of humour.. the problem is over here people are too fond of knives and i have no doubt it will lead to violence :(
You don't see any comedy in a clown being chased with a knife?

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
good morning ed!
Good morning.
It should be a good day because I'm foreman, there is no school, so the bus lot is empty AND I've figured out how to watch live T.V. and news on this computer. Oh, and we're all off tomorrow because of the Jewish holiday.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Comedy on tv or a show is one thing. Clown horror masks and terrorising kids on their way to school or old people isn't funny.

There are some British youths taking things too far at the moment. The "craze" is here in Kent too.

It's widely reported in the British press as being a US import. I have no idea whether or not that's true.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Comedy on tv or a show is one thing. Clown horror masks and terrorising kids on their way to school or old people isn't funny.

There are some British youths taking things too far at the moment. The "craze" is here in Kent too.

It's widely reported in the British press as being a US import. I have no idea whether or not that's true.
It's true.
That crap has been going on here for a while.
Amazing that no one has been shot.

Attachments

• 20160906_134619.jpg
    20160906_134619.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 2
Last edited: