COLD DARK ROOM

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Fes, Morocco

Killerrookie

Yep, looks like mold to me.
i'd just throw out the moldy bits, though i believe vinegar can help.
Have a look at http://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/mold.64027/
Thank you Adam for your help! Seemed to be growing in my plant pot too and I just scoopers the dirt with mold or scrambled the dirt to see what happens. In the enclosure I scooped the dirt and threw it away. I think it was when I was germinating seeds inside the pot and enclosure that made this stuff start growing.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Thank you Adam for your help! Seemed to be growing in my plant pot too and I just scoopers the dirt with mold or scrambled the dirt to see what happens. In the enclosure I scooped the dirt and threw it away. I think it was when I was germinating seeds inside the pot and enclosure that made this stuff start growing.
Possibly, but the spores can be anywhere. It's very hard to eradicate completely.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Good afternoon all. I'm all excited. It looks I'll be getting my new car next Friday :)

Now to find out exactly how much the insurance will cost me on this bigger beastie... at least I'll only have one of my offspring on the policy this time which should help.
Tremendous news. :)
Let's hope the insurance isn't too bad.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
He seems to breath more heavily when I pick him up but when I put him down he stops and becomes normal.
If he's normally active and the discharge is only in the soak, I doubt he has a URI.

When Joe had one he wouldn't eat, was completely inactive and the discharge was constant.

They do sometimes get discharge in/after the soak as their nose and mouth are connected up different to ours. Drinking means water goes up the nose as well as in the mouth - some put their heads right under when they drink.

Keep an eye on him. Make sure it's 95-100F under the basking lamp and don't panic yet.

Killerrookie

If he's normally active and the discharge is only in the soak, I doubt he has a URI.

When Joe had one he wouldn't eat, was completely inactive and the discharge was constant.

They do sometimes get discharge in/after the soak as their nose and mouth are connected up different to ours. Drinking means water goes up the nose as well as in the mouth - some put their heads right under when they drink.

Keep an eye on him. Make sure it's 95-100F under the basking lamp and don't panic yet.
I'm not panicking at all. I kinda figured it wasn't because I've experienced it before but wanted everyone else's thoughts before ruling it out. It's better safe than sorry. What scared me was the heavy breathing you could hear from the guy.