upload_2017-12-13_0-13-22.jpeg

images

images

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kent, South East England
I didn't know that Queen still existed.
How could they have replaced Freddy Mercury?
This \/
They make a point of keeping the singers' name separate to say they're not replacing him. There's been a few iterations.
Adam Lambert has been singing with them (Roger Taylor and Brian May) for 5 years now. John Deacon retired some time ago.

There was a very neat bit where the “ghost of Freddie” sang with Brian May at the end of Love of my life and they also used original Queen vocals and footage in the middle section of Bohemian Rhapsody

I have been a fan of Queen ever since I can remember. You start out thinking about how Freddie would have done things to start, but rapidly get caught up in the music. I really enjoyed it.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Well, just got back from the Oschner outpatient clinic. Spent all afternoon there with hubby, who was having scheduled outpatient surgery to remove a skin cancer that was next to his eye. The surgery was entirely successful, and the surgeon used special cosmetic surgery procedures to close the wound so that it'll just look like a normal crease and not a scar. :eek: But he's got 10 stitches you can see, plus more that are buried deeper. Hubby is napping now and I may do likewise!
Hubby is a very fair-skinned platinum blond who grew up in Texas: running around outside all the time. The sun exposure is catching up with him! This is about his 4th surgery.
But all's well that ends well, says I! :)
Very interesting.
Send best wishes to hubby and from wifey too, who is very pale and may be in for some of the same! :<3:

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Well, just got back from the Oschner outpatient clinic. Spent all afternoon there with hubby, who was having scheduled outpatient surgery to remove a skin cancer that was next to his eye. The surgery was entirely successful, and the surgeon used special cosmetic surgery procedures to close the wound so that it'll just look like a normal crease and not a scar. :eek: But he's got 10 stitches you can see, plus more that are buried deeper. Hubby is napping now and I may do likewise!
Hubby is a very fair-skinned platinum blond who grew up in Texas: running around outside all the time. The sun exposure is catching up with him! This is about his 4th surgery.
But all's well that ends well, says I! :)
I am glad your hubby's op went OK. JoesDad is a fair skinned redhead and has his moles checked annually. He has been lucky so far. He has had 3 removed, but all have been clear.

A university friend hasn't been so fortunate and his melanoma had spread by the time they found it. He has had punishing chemotherapy. They think it's in remission, but it is early days.

You cannot be too careful with melanoma!

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Hi Kathy,

It is amazing to see actually just how small the world is sometimes. And very interesting to see that what we think is a big issue here in Cape Town, other places have already been dealing with for alot longer. And thank you that you broke your silence to welcome me. Makes me feel very welcome.