5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Fes, Morocco

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Good morning, roommates!
How many are still waiting for their TORTOISE? We’re traveling from the 24th, so it would be great to set a date for the opening of presents sometime before that.
Can’t wait to get my hands on that blue sack under my tree and the secrets it conceals. :D
TORTOISE opening date should be the 23rd, I think. Christmas Egg.
What do you think, people?
Still two or three without there packages, I fear, but some were sent rather late. :(

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Hi Carol, hello everybody. I enjoy Christmas shopping!! Although I try and avoid the big shopping centres and use local independent shops, local craft makers/ artists etc. I am Christmas baking at the moment, have done gingerbread muffins and have frangipane mince pies in the oven.
Tonight I am going to Derby cathedral to hear Handels Messiah, a Christmas tradition that I love ( although it is actually Easter music)
Oh how lovely. I wish I could have joined you. I love church choral music

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Happy Sunday everyone.

We have had a lovely weekend. The house we have is huge and was perfect for the family get together. Daughter and son arrived minutes after us on Friday and my uncle and his partner about an hour later. The supermarket delivered food supplies. Mum joined us for dinner in a nearby restaurant. We woke to steady snow on Saturday morning and Mum's best friend who lives in a village on the moor decided not to drive here, but my sister made it with her half of the family and her cute cockerpoo puppy.

We had an excellent lunch party and gradually people have set off home until now it's just JoesDad , son and me left. We head back to Kent tomorrow.

Time to slob out and relax and enjoy the peace and quiet now :D

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Happy Sunday everyone.

We have had a lovely weekend. The house we have is huge and was perfect for the family get together. Daughter and son arrived minutes after us on Friday and my uncle and his partner about an hour later. The supermarket delivered food supplies. Mum joined us for dinner in a nearby restaurant. We woke to steady snow on Saturday morning and Mum's best friend who lives in a village on the moor decided not to drive here, but my sister made it with her half of the family and her cute cockerpoo puppy.

We had an excellent lunch party and gradually people have set off home until now it's just JoesDad , son and me left. We head back to Kent tomorrow.

Time to slob out and relax and enjoy the peace and quiet now :D
Happy Sunday, Linda! :)
Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend, most excellent!

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Ok. I come home today after being out. And I go outside to take water out of the drum where I catch the rain water to water the weeds etc for the tortoises. I see that Aunty is nearby and for some reason she has wet sand on the back of her shell. I think that is strange then I happen to look down on the ground by the drum. See a hole in the sand and a liitle white egg sitting next to it on top. Obviously this is the first time she has lain any eggs. I Think she will however need a little more practice.....

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Ok. I come home today after being out. And I go outside to take water out of the drum where I catch the rain water to water the weeds etc for the tortoises. I see that Aunty is nearby and for some reason she has wet sand on the back of her shell. I think that is strange then I happen to look down on the ground by the drum. See a hole in the sand and a liitle white egg sitting next to it on top. Obviously this is the first time she has lain any eggs. I Think she will however need a little more practice.....
Must be her first time. As you can see she missed the hole she made when laying her egg. I have brought the egg inside because if I leave it my dog will definitly eat it.20171217_163917.jpg20171217_163925.jpg20171217_163938.jpg20171217_164327.jpg

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
You've probably noticed by now that she had a look in here, gave a like to a post each for you and me, but didn't post.
Hmmmmmm..................
I did.
I spoke with her.
Maybe she'll be back in full force on the forum before long.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco