COLD DARK ROOM

CarolM

Location (City and/or State)
South Africa - Cape Town
Finished at 6 today which was good.
Been tidying and clearing some of the Christmas stuff today, and proudly examining my new fossils! :D
I can just imagine you cleaning a liitle bit and peering over your shoulder at your fossils. Until eventually the temptation took over and you went and sat down by your fossils. I can also see the big grin your face.

Last edited:

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Clubs and societies are a very important part of university life.
In Fresher's week here is a fair in which all the clubs have a stall and try to get the first years to join (usually costs a little bit) Some of the money goes to the student union and the rest to you, but through the year you get extra money from the SU depending on how many members you get.
In my first year, the RPG and War games club was quite small. I became president in my second year and it grew a lot. We then took over the chess club (type of war game) . In my third year we became the second biggest society, after the rugby soc.
There are societies for religions, sports, food and drink, ethnic groups, sexual orientation, languages, the different subjects, everything.
All great fun, Wednesday afternoon were free from lectures and devoted to time to do your thing.
Uni is very much about socializing as well as studying.
Hmmm sounds like lots of fun. And here I thought it was hard work.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
I have an Orpington rooster called "Hugo". He calls every morning at 4 am !
I love him though. And I have black giant Brahmas. I love that big feathered chicken.
Random fact. Orpington is a small town in my county, Kent (now the London Borough of Bromley, but they're not keen in that)

I go through there on the train every time I go to London :)

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Good morning all

There seem to be chickens on every available perch in here! Makes a change from cats. There must be an egg somewhere for breakfast. I just hope I don't step on one in the dark; it will be a bit messy.
Unless the woolspider gets to them first..that is if it exists.

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
Good morning all

There seem to be chickens on every available perch in here! Makes a change from cats. There must be an egg somewhere for breakfast. I just hope I don't step on one in the dark; it will be a bit messy.

Unless the woolspider gets to them first..that is if it exists.

I’d love some organic eggs with bacon, please.
Good morning, roommates! Taking daughter to her Russian classes today, and I forgot a book.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Sooooo, the Northeast of USA was in a deep freeze with snow last few weeks. Now, a front has blown up from the southern Gulf sweeping in temps close to 70! Ok, it was 68 at our house......overnight, dramatic winds blew in, pushing out the heat and sucking in the cold... supposed to be 35 or more degrees colder today,,,,and frigid into Sunday. Single digits with the wind chill.

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
Morning everyone :):<3:
My weather is nutty too! Upper 70f during the day, lower 40s at night:rolleyes: goodness! The girls don’t mind, their heaters are keeping them toasty warm.
I hope everyone is well :tort:

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
But....I guess our Winter Weather is better than that experienced in Murmansk. Who hoooo a 34 minute day!

View attachment 227513

I lived in the Russian North for about a year as a child. I remember the long winter night (singular). But bright light at 3 am in summer was no fun either. :eek: