COLD DARK ROOM

CarolM

Location (City and/or State)
South Africa - Cape Town
Big day today... it was soak Sully afternoon. Yep....Sully, our close to 70 lb Sulcata, just finished up a nice long warm water soak. And loved it of course. Once we had about 6 inches of water in the bath tub....Sully gets placed in....and we add another 2 inches of water. Sully just loved it...extends legs, head up to enjoy nice warm water cupped over his head and shell. 45 mins of this pampering. The hard part is the carry up to the bath tub...down into the tub....and once done, back to Sully’s room.
  • We soaked daily for the first two years. Once the 50 lb mark was hit....we slowed down on the daily soaks.
Who needs to go to gym. You have your very own private instructor there as long as you pay him with warmth and greens he will be happy.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Golly!
I forgot Tidgy's soak today! No wonder she was so tramply. Too late now, she's gone to bed. Have to do it tomorrow, no harm done.
She loves her baths, too, but is probably a tad easier to bathe than a 70 lb Sully.
Tidgy will need to get an extra long soak to make amends.

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
I am really happy for you. Can we see pics again once you have stabilised it please. Aslo can you share how you are stabilising it. I find this quite interesting
Actually, I was thinking of starting a totally separate thread about the fossil and stabilizing it. Maybe other people with fossils would join in!

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
Since the stabilization of my fossil involves plastic polymer dissolved in acetone, I can't do that safely inside the house and it's WAAAAAYYYY too cold to do it outside right now!
At the advice of the fossil forum experts, I'm going to tuck Gompah safely away in a drawer somewhere until the weather warms up a bit. I will probably practice painting actual stabilizer on something else first- like maybe a brick- before I work on the fossil. I want to be clear on just how the material spreads etc :) New adventures in the offing!!!!!!!

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Since the stabilization of my fossil involves plastic polymer dissolved in acetone, I can't do that safely inside the house and it's WAAAAAYYYY too cold to do it outside right now!
At the advice of the fossil forum experts, I'm going to tuck Gompah safely away in a drawer somewhere until the weather warms up a bit. I will probably practice painting actual stabilizer on something else first- like maybe a brick- before I work on the fossil. I want to be clear on just how the material spreads etc :) New adventures in the offing!!!!!!!
It's not as bad as it sounds, i'm sure it's quite easy though I've never used this myself.
Something new is always a bit scary. :)