COLD DARK ROOM

CarolM

Location (City and/or State)
South Africa - Cape Town
Yes she was. The poison in the powder was made of a flower, so she thought it was not dangerous for animals, but it was.
We burried the torts in our garden.
Just shows you how careful you have to be. If you buried them in your garden then they are still with your Mom then. At least in spirit.

Bee62

Germany
So guys. Its 12:23 AM here. And its quite late. Normally I go for sleep at 10:00 PM. But today I was at my cousin's wedding. Just arrived at home. Going to bed. [emoji42]Will Have to go Office tomorrow.[emoji25]
See you guys tomorrow. Take care. Good night bbye.[emoji173][emoji4]
Good night and sleep well. It is fine to have you here ! I am looking forward speaking you tomorrow again.
Gute Nacht !

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
So guys. Its 12:23 AM here. And its quite late. Normally I go for sleep at 10:00 PM. But today I was at my cousin's wedding. Just arrived at home. Going to bed. [emoji42]Will Have to go Office tomorrow.[emoji25]
Goeie Nag Raqib. Good night Raqib.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Nos da, Raqib! :)
Laila saida!
Sleep well and have a good day tomorrow.
Hope the wedding was fun.

Bee62

Germany
Just shows you how careful you have to be. If you buried them in your garden then they are still with your Mom then. At least in spirit.
My parents house was sold in 2010. The new owners don`t know that in their garden 2 torts, several guinea pigs and rabbits and two dogs had been burried.
I live today in another house that I bought in 1993. Times changes so much. But the pets I had burried anywhere are still with me today, that`s right. My mother died 2012. I still miss her. I often think of her but when I stand on her grave I feel nothing. She is in my mind forever and not in the grave as a pot of ashes buried on a graveyard. Strange, isn`t it ?

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
My parents house was sold in 2010. The new owners don`t know that in their garden 2 torts, several guinea pigs and rabbits and two dogs had been burried.
I live today in another house that I bought in 1993. Times changes so much. But the pets I had burried anywhere are still with me today, that`s right. My mother died 2012. I still miss her. I often think of her but when I stand on her grave I feel nothing. She is in my mind forever and not in the grave as a pot of ashes buried on a graveyard. Strange, isn`t it ?
No not strange at all. My mother passed away in 1993. And i don't visit her grave because I also believe that she is in my heart and in my memories which is what counts

Bee62

Germany
No not strange at all. My mother passed away in 1993. And i don't visit her grave because I also believe that she is in my heart and in my memories which is what counts
You lost your mother early. Sorry to hear that. I had my mother for 80 years. It is a long time, but the dead of a mother is every time to early.

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
Update on Jacques!!!!!

She continues to do well: bright, alert and active. The red spots are still there but fading a bit. The doctor wants to keep her 2 more days to get 2 more antibiotic injections (so i assume her floating, although BETTER, is still just a tad "off").
She'll likely come home Thursday or Friday!!!!
:):):):):)

He originally thought they would keep her one week, so I'm very glad he's paying close attention and changing the plan based on what he sees in her. :)

Bee62

Germany
Update on Jacques!!!!!

She continues to do well: bright, alert and active. The red spots are still there but fading a bit. The doctor wants to keep her 2 more days to get 2 more antibiotic injections (so i assume her floating, although BETTER, is still just a tad "off").
Hey ! Great news. I knew that the little maiden will be better soon. I am soooooo happy for you ! Two days are not long and then she is home.
Let my hug you Bea `cause I am happy too about your news:)

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
You lost your mother early. Sorry to hear that. I had my mother for 80 years. It is a long time, but the dead of a mother is every time to early.
Yes. We lost her to cancer. She died the same age I am going to be this year. 45yrs. I had just finished high school. It was harder for my younger sister. She was only 12yrs. I was turning 19yrs.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Update on Jacques!!!!!

He originally thought they would keep her one week, so I'm very glad he's paying close attention and changing the plan based on what he sees in her. :)
Shame Mooz. I know that you were set to have her back today but as you said it is far better she stays there longer to make sure that when she does come home it will be when she is absolutely ready to. Will carry on keeping her in my thoughts. [emoji253]

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Update on Jacques!!!!!

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:<3::<3::<3::<3::<3::<3::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort:
All sounds very positive.
Good girl, Jacques:):<3::tort: