COLD DARK ROOM

Stuart S.

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Paris, Texas
Do you know any Afrikaans ?
Or more excitingly Xhosa?

I don’t speak it either lol I’ve gotten fairly decent with Spanish growing up in Texas and I studied Iñupiaq (Eskimo) pretty intently living in Alaska. I did that to build relationships with some of the natives from north west Alaska.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
We have another cold front coming in right now, I’m ready for summer now that duck season is over!
I'm ready for winter with hopefully loads and loads of[emoji97] [emoji97] [emoji98] [emoji98] [emoji98] [emoji97] [emoji98] [emoji97] [emoji167] [emoji299] [emoji299] [emoji299] rain.

Stuart S.

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Paris, Texas
I'm ready for winter with hopefully loads and loads of[emoji97] [emoji97] [emoji98] [emoji98] [emoji98] [emoji97] [emoji98] [emoji97] [emoji167] [emoji299] [emoji299] [emoji299] rain.

Ah yes I forgot you guys are opposite of what we are right now! Hopefully you have an abundant rainy season

Stuart S.

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Paris, Texas
Update on Jacques!!!!!

She continues to do well: bright, alert and active. The red spots are still there but fading a bit. The doctor wants to keep her 2 more days to get 2 more antibiotic injections (so i assume her floating, although BETTER, is still just a tad "off").
She'll likely come home Thursday or Friday!!!!
:):):):):)

He originally thought they would keep her one week, so I'm very glad he's paying close attention and changing the plan based on what he sees in her. :)

Best news yet!

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
I don’t speak it either lol I’ve gotten fairly decent with Spanish growing up in Texas and I studied Iñupiaq (Eskimo) pretty intently living in Alaska. I did that to build relationships with some of the natives from north west Alaska.
We are pretty much covered with alot of languages in the CDR. which is quite handy or will be at some point.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
My Spanish is passable.
What's "hello!" in Inupiaq?

Stuart S.

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Paris, Texas
We are pretty much covered with alot of languages in the CDR. which is quite handy or will be at some point.

I’m not an expert on multiple languages, but I love culture and think there is a huge benefit to learning multiple languages. There’s a joke here...

What do you call a person who speaks 3 languages?
Trilingual..
What do you call a person that speaks 2 language?
Bilingual..
What do you call a person that speaks 1 language?
American

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
I’m not an expert on multiple languages, but I love culture and think there is a huge benefit to learning multiple languages. There’s a joke here...

Trilingual..
Bilingual..
American
Or English.

Stuart S.

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Paris, Texas
My Spanish is passable.
What's "hello!" in Inupiaq?

Uvlulluatuq is good day, similar to a hello, it is spoken from the deepest part of your throat, it’s a very hard language for someone who grew up speaking English. Similar to Hebrew almost, only deeper I believe

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town

Trilingual..
Bilingual..
American
Lol. But doesn't American have lots of different ways of speaking it? Like New York American. Texan American. Etc. Etc.

Stuart S.

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Paris, Texas
Lol. But doesn't American have lots of different ways of speaking it? Like New York American. Texan American. Etc. Etc.

lol yes but it’s all the same, those of us in Texas just think the people of North talk “funny” and the same can be said for Northern folks referring to Southerners. Leaving in the far North, it seemed to me that people there annunciate much better than people in the South, that’s where the “Texas twang” came but in reality I think all of the Southern eastern United States has a twang, some places much stronger than others!

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
lol yes but it’s all the same, those of us in Texas just think the people of North talk “funny” and the same can be said for Northern folks referring to Southerners. Leaving in the far North, it seemed to me that people there annunciate much better than people in the South, that’s where the “Texas twang” came but in reality I think all of the Southern eastern United States has a twang, some places much stronger than others!
I thought so. Lol.