COLD DARK ROOM

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ottawa, Ontario
My parents house was sold in 2010. The new owners don`t know that in their garden 2 torts, several guinea pigs and rabbits and two dogs had been burried.
I live today in another house that I bought in 1993. Times changes so much. But the pets I had burried anywhere are still with me today, that`s right. My mother died 2012. I still miss her. I often think of her but when I stand on her grave I feel nothing. She is in my mind forever and not in the grave as a pot of ashes buried on a graveyard. Strange, isn`t it ?

Same when I visited my dad’s grave last year. I miss him very much, especially in my dreams or when daughter tries to play football (soccer) (dad was a rather talented forward when he was young). But a grave is just a place. My dad isn’t there - he’s alive in my memory.

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
Update on Jacques!!!!!

She continues to do well: bright, alert and active. The red spots are still there but fading a bit. The doctor wants to keep her 2 more days to get 2 more antibiotic injections (so i assume her floating, although BETTER, is still just a tad "off").
She'll likely come home Thursday or Friday!!!!
:):):):):)

He originally thought they would keep her one week, so I'm very glad he's paying close attention and changing the plan based on what he sees in her. :)

It’s so heartwarming that she’s in good hands, Bea! :<3:

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
We speak a hybrid of hillbilly and redneck where I come from. Think a little Larry the Cable Guy and the Beverly Hillbillies. Some just call it Appalachian or mountain talk.

That said I try not to sound toooo country when I talk. Lol

Lol you can throw redneck in for me then too [emoji1362][emoji41][emoji23]

Could we have an example of ‘redneck’ please? I’d love to learn :D

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Good morning, roommates!
Daughter’s still sick and staying home. So I’m mostly lurking, then catching up on the posts in bulk. Hope everyone is well. We get a bit of sunshine, which is a miracle. From our outing yesterday:
View attachment 229619
View attachment 229620
Those are beautiful pictures. poor ducks though. the water is all iced up.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Good morning, roommates!
Daughter’s still sick and staying home. So I’m mostly lurking, then catching up on the posts in bulk. Hope everyone is well. We get a bit of sunshine, which is a miracle. From our outing yesterday:
View attachment 229619
View attachment 229620
Very pretty pictures, but i'm glad it's just pictures, I'd be shivering too much to enjoy it.
Good morning, Lena! :)
Get well wishes for your daughter.
I hope you're not feeding bread to the ducks!