COLD DARK ROOM

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Louisiana, USA
Lovely!

Now tell me what they are please?

I don’t know the first one. The red one is a male cardinal. The next one is a blue jay. The last one MIGHT be a grosbeak, but don’t quote me on that!!!
[emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji106]
Maryland has some different birds than we have in Louisiana, but cardinals and blue jays are all over!

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Good morning all :) We have a snowyish landscape this morning. Icing sugar coverage rather than proper stuff; we got off lightly and there is no more forecast for us. Thankfully, the amber warning was wrong this time.
View attachment 233381

We’re back to our standard rain. The days have been mainly sunny with rain clouds mixed in that were skillful in their ability to just dump the rain on you. It’s mainly raining at/all night long.

katieandiggy

5 Year Member
Suffolk, United Kingdom
Good morning all :) We have a snowyish landscape this morning. Icing sugar coverage rather than proper stuff; we got off lightly and there is no more forecast for us. Thankfully, the amber warning was wrong this time.
View attachment 233381

Same my end!
We had some snow overnight but nothing more has really settled. I hope that’s the last of it and we can finally get into spring! I am so desperate to cut my grass.

Morning All [emoji112]

katieandiggy

5 Year Member
Suffolk, United Kingdom
Here the storm we just hadView attachment 233382 I’m the blue dot towards the center.

wow that looks like quite a storm.

In the UK we do not do well with anything weather wise other than ‘normal’ if there is snow the whole country come to a standstill.

In fact, the train I get to work each day has a different excuse for why is cancelled/ late for every weather scenario... including.... melting rails, slippery rails, wrong type of rain, sun in the wrong place in the sky to name a few!

Maro2Bear

10 Year Member!
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
I don’t know the first one. The red one is a male cardinal. The next one is a blue jay. The last one MIGHT be a grosbeak, but don’t quote me on that!!!
[emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji106]
Maryland has some different birds than we have in Louisiana, but cardinals and blue jays are all over!

Yes..Bright red one is the male Cardinal, followed by a male Blue Jay. Moozillion is right, we get lots of different bird types, some migratory and some permanent residents. I’ll have to do a bit of research. A few different types of Woodpeckers too. I’ll have to position my camera on the suet to get those.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Just wanted to let you all know that I haven't forgotten the prizes for our two 100,000 post winners. I have Kristof's and Adam's addresses from the card exchange, and today I finally received the last prize in the mail, so I'll be packaging them up this week and taking them to the post office this coming Friday. Congratulations to the two winners! Now let's see what's going to happen for the 200,000th!!!!!
Oooohhhhh. I can't wait. There aren't and nails left on my fingers. Am I really going to be reduced my toe nails now??

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
We’re back to our standard rain. The days have been mainly sunny with rain clouds mixed in that were skillful in their ability to just dump the rain on you. It’s mainly raining at/all night long.
The best kind of rain. You get to wake up to a nice and fresh world.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
wow that looks like quite a storm.

In the UK we do not do well with anything weather wise other than ‘normal’ if there is snow the whole country come to a standstill.

In fact, the train I get to work each day has a different excuse for why is cancelled/ late for every weather scenario... including.... melting rails, slippery rails, wrong type of rain, sun in the wrong place in the sky to name a few!
Whahaha.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Yes..Bright red one is the male Cardinal, followed by a male Blue Jay. Moozillion is right, we get lots of different bird types, some migratory and some permanent residents. I’ll have to do a bit of research. A few different types of Woodpeckers too. I’ll have to position my camera on the suet to get those.
Can't wait for more pictures.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Good afternoon all. I hope everybody is enjoying their Sundays. Scooby-doo is doing well. He started chewing on a pinecone. So I gave him and Miley one of those hide bone things. Miley if course leaves hers and Scooby-doo immediately starts chewing and enjoying his. So I tell Miley that she had better start eating hers otherwise Scooby-doo will finish his and come for hers. She looks at me then she looks at Scooby-doo. She then goes to fetch hers and starts eating it. She was finished in seconds but I was so impressed that she understood exactly what I said to her. Laundry is finished and drying on the line and I am outside in the front watching Rue get her sunshine and grazing on the sprouts from the seeds I planted for her . Today is a good day. I am however going to have to have the talk with my boys about being lazy again and helping around the house. I can't wait until they have children and understand what it is like to constantly have to nag at them to do their part.

Bee62

Germany
Good afternoon all. I hope everybody is enjoying their Sundays. Scooby-doo is doing well. He started chewing on a pinecone. So I gave him and Miley one of those hide bone things. Miley if course leaves hers and Scooby-doo immediately starts chewing and enjoying his. So I tell Miley that she had better start eating hers otherwise Scooby-doo will finish his and come for hers. She looks at me then she looks at Scooby-doo. She then goes to fetch hers and starts eating it. She was finished in seconds but I was so impressed that she understood exactly what I said to her. Laundry is finished and drying on the line and I am outside in the front watching Rue get her sunshine and grazing on the sprouts from the seeds I planted for her . Today is a good day. I am however going to have to have the talk with my boys about being lazy again and helping around the house. I can't wait until they have children and understand what it is like to constantly have to nag at them to do their part.
Good afternoon for you too Carol. Dogs understand a lot. Not our spoken words but how things correlate. She soon will learn to eat her food immediately or it is gone ... LOL !
Scooby-Doo is cute by the way ! Was he named Scooby-Doo before you took him or did you gave him this funny name ?
It sounds that you are going to have a nice day. Enjoy it. You have deserve it !:)

Bee62

Germany
Good afternoon all. We are on the way home on the train. The snow appears to have eased and hopefully isn’t too bad.

It is :censored: freezing!

Today we have been to Clapham South Deep Shelter - One of 8 built during the second world war to accommodate Londoners sheltering from Nazi air attacks.

It could sleep 8000 people at full capacity. It was never an underground station although one of its entrances is from the Northern Line.

After the war it was used as a “hotel” for people visiting the 1951 Festival of Britain, for accommodation for the first Caribbean immigrants and for accommodation for troops for King George VI funeral and the subsequent coronation of the current Queen Elizabeth II.

Then it was turned into document archives which is what saved it.
View attachment 233282
View attachment 233283
View attachment 233284

It’s 180 steps down (and up) - around 70ft/20 metres below ground.

A "hotel" ? Thank you....:) but no ...:D