COLD DARK ROOM

CarolM

Location (City and/or State)
South Africa - Cape Town
Good afternoon all. I am exhausted and we still have adouble bed to build :D

JoesDad reported this morning that Mrs Bluet-it wasn't in the nestbox while he had breakfast and there was no egg... there has to be one soon though, surely? I shall, of course be demanding an update when he gets home from work in an hour or so :D

Daughter's flat is coming together. Furniture has been installed and flat packs built. Things are gradually finding homes. It's a lovely spacious place and a reasonably easy walk to anywhere you need to get... unfortunately that meant a lot of walking today as I am without a car and there turned out to be a number of things that needed to be got!
It Sounded exhausting. Well done on what you have done so far.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Yall know how my husband was redoing one wall and putting in some new plugs... Well we have discovered that our house is an electrical fire waiting to happen. I don't know how this house passed inspection!
So yeah my husband has to rewire most of the house, and install the proper size breakers
OMW. That is going to be a job and a half. Good luck.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Some of the electrical boxes show evidence of getting HOT.
This has turned into a very big and expensive project that HAS to be done.
Sorry Clunker, your new enclosure has to wait a little longer...

On a happy note, all the improvements that are being done will really help increase the property's resale value for when we are able to move[emoji106]
Still. Shame not nice when unexpected expenses take over.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Inconspicuously swapped bags with husband at the airport. [emoji85][emoji23]
He brought me a T-shirt from Alma Mater, and I’ve just discovered that I now love US sizes. It’s the only way of looking at clothes that still puts me in the “Small” category. [emoji85] :oops: :D
I love getting gifts. I bet it was nice to see him even if it was for just a short while.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Some of the electrical boxes show evidence of getting HOT.
This has turned into a very big and expensive project that HAS to be done.
Sorry Clunker, your new enclosure has to wait a little longer...

On a happy note, all the improvements that are being done will really help increase the property's resale value for when we are able to move[emoji106]
Glad there is a positive side to it. But still crappy that you even have to do it.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Good afternoon all. I am exhausted and we still have adouble bed to build :D

JoesDad reported this morning that Mrs Bluet-it wasn't in the nestbox while he had breakfast and there was no egg... there has to be one soon though, surely? I shall, of course be demanding an update when he gets home from work in an hour or so :D

Daughter's flat is coming together. Furniture has been installed and flat packs built. Things are gradually finding homes. It's a lovely spacious place and a reasonably easy walk to anywhere you need to get... unfortunately that meant a lot of walking today as I am without a car and there turned out to be a number of things that needed to be got!
I think all of us are waiting for that egg in great anticipation. Come on Mrs Bluet-it, lay your egg already. Problem is that she will lay the egg and then we will be waiting for the chick to hatch etc. Etc. Sjoe but we are an impatient bunch...[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Yall know how my husband was redoing one wall and putting in some new plugs... Well we have discovered that our house is an electrical fire waiting to happen. I don't know how this house passed inspection!
So yeah my husband has to rewire most of the house, and install the proper size breakers
Aaargh! That's a big job :(

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Good evening all. A very busy day. However, all the furniture is now built. Daughter has a bed and a bookcase and drawers and a desk. We could have done with an electric screwdriver; our hands are quite sore!

I am now trying to wind down so I can sleep.

JoesDad reports that Mrs Bluet-it has brought more feathers into the nest and is roosting their again tonight. Maybe she's waiting for me before she lays :D

My work in Southampton is done for now. Tomorrow I head back to Kent by train :)

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
And Good Morning roomies. I’m currently in my hotel room drinking coffee. I have a “fine” view of Eastleigh Station from my window which is handy for getting home :D
IMG_1523948249.330581.jpg

I booked myself into TravelLodge (a cheap chain that doesn’t even have a restaurant) for the last couple of nights. I’ll wander up to daughter’s flat for breakfast shortly.

She’s still sleeping in her old house as she moves stuff over. She will be in the new flat by the end of the week and has to be out of the old one by the end of next week.

JoesDad reports no eggs in the nestbox this morning!

Not see you later :)

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
Good evening all. A very busy day. However, all the furniture is now built. Daughter has a bed and a bookcase and drawers and a desk. We could have done with an electric screwdriver; our hands are quite sore!

JoesDad reports that Mrs Bluet-it has brought more feathers into the nest and is roosting their again tonight. Maybe she's waiting for me before she lays :D

My work in Southampton is done for now. Tomorrow I head back to Kent by train :)

Well done, Linda. You’re a super mom. How lucky for your girl. And for her friend too. :)
The Mr and Mrs Bluet-it are a touch too fastidious, don’t you think? :rolleyes:

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Well done, Linda. You’re a super mom. How lucky for your girl. And for her friend too. :)
The Mr and Mrs Bluet-it are a touch too fastidious, don’t you think? :rolleyes:

I need to check it out thoroughly when I get home. Bluet-its don’t start incubating their eggs until they have laid the whole clutch.

The female plucks her breast feathers so she can get her body warmth to the eggs better.

JoesDad is saying there are many more feathers in the box and the eggs are tiny (around 15mm/0.6 inch). So I am wondering if there are eggs under all the new feathers in the box.

Photo of egg from Google
851BD67C-7A08-4737-AD82-A943253F0BED-379-00000023668F9982.jpg

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town

Well done on all the building of furniture. You are quite the handy woman. Mmmm on Mrs Bluet-it. She must know that you are not home and wants your support. So she is making sure you get home first. What a clever little birdie.