COLD DARK ROOM

CarolM

Location (City and/or State)
South Africa - Cape Town
View attachment 237478
When Yvonne or Bee post a new picture this highlighted image changes.
It is possible also to disable highlighted images in the app entirely in the settings, as Linda once explained — then you’ll see only text — but I’ve kept them on because those images are too funny sometimes.
Remember?
View attachment 237479
Do you remember the lady on the toilet with the bright red shoes? Screenshot_20180128-085243.jpg

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Good morning all. A warmer, drier day is forecast.

It is yoga day but, needless to say, I am not able to take part. We always go for a coffee and chat afterwards though, so I am joining my friends for that. Last week I couldn’t have sat down for long enough due to the pain so I am definitely improved.
That is such good news. A coffee with friends is good for the stress levels. Good Morning Linda.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Yip that is the one. I think if you use the app on the phone that is what you see. It seems that pictures posted by either Adam, Yvonne or Sabine seem to go up randomly. And the minions one has been there for a while now. Just thought it was time for a change.
emoji23.png
Well, since Adam or Sabine are absent, I guess it's up to me!

Misty 1-20-17 a.jpg mimi=2.jpg Misty 5-9-13.jpg

Bee62

Germany
A red fox sat in the middle of the lawn at 7pm this evening.

View attachment 237335

The rain has finally stopped. There is a lot of localised flooding which has affected roads and trains. The white bits on the lawn are fallen blossom not snow. We had a high of 6C (“feels like” 2C) today. It’s due to be over 20C next weekend!
Upps ! A fox in your garden ? Weird !

Bee62

Germany
When I'm washing dishes, I rinse them then stack them on the drain board next to the sink, on a terry towel to drain before I dry them and put them away. This is Sterling after I've dried the dishes and put them away:

View attachment 237438

She also loves for me to take my wet paper towel that I've just dried my hands on and give her a good once or twice over, especially around her face. I guess she thinks I'm her mama, giving her a bath.

I've had cats most of my life and Sterling is the first cat I've ever allowed on the table or on the kitchen counters. She just gives off the vibes that she can go wherever she wants, and it's her right. There's also a counter just opposite the sink, next to the stove, where I do most of my food prep, and I have been able to train her that that counter is NOT for cats. She never gets up there, thank goodness.

Good to hear you're getting better, Linda. Having pain of any kind is no fun.
Sterling is beautiful. You gave her the right name. Her fur looks like sterling silver and the cute white paws look like little socks.:):<3:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Sterling is beautiful. You gave her the right name. Her fur looks like sterling silver and the cute white paws look like little socks.:):<3:
Thank you. I totally agree with you. When she showed up, she was just another stray, but as I got to know her, she wormed her way into my heart, and now she's pretty much at the top of the list.

Bee62

Germany
They have to come up with something. Personally I cannot take this on a long term basis anymore. It does not do my back any good. Doing laundry is a nightmare. My cushions for my couch have been regulated to staying outside so that the rain and sun can take the pee smell out because i cannot give them a decent wash. I really miss being able to have a warm bath just to soak my aches and pains away. The cost of living in Cape Town is becoming very high. What with the government raising the VAT from 14% to 15% - Capetonians have the added costs of water on top of the normal day to day expenses that the rest of the country has to pay. Salaries in Cape Town are lower than other parts of the country, the cost of houses whether you own or rent is higher etc. Electricity is higher. I really don't know how the poor survive.
It is hard for me, - no it is impossible for me to imagine how you live with these water restrictions. Laundry would be a nightmare for me too under these circumstances.:(