COLD DARK ROOM

Bambam1989

Location (City and/or State)
East Texas
Not much to use as a size comparison..
In your climate it would need a heated enclosure in winter. A heated barn or fix up a room in the house just for it.
Leopards are prone to easily pyramid from what I've read so providing humidity will be important. They eat mostly leafy greens/weeds. Not a fruit eater.
I would consider them on the same "difficulty" level as a sulcata, they just stay smaller.
Give the leopard tort caresheets a read. Do you know how to find them? I can link them if you want.

DE42

Not much to use as a size comparison..
In your climate it would need a heated enclosure in winter. A heated barn or fix up a room in the house just for it.
Leopards are prone to easily pyramid from what I've read so providing humidity will be important. They eat mostly leafy greens/weeds. Not a fruit eater.
I would consider them on the same "difficulty" level as a sulcata they just stay smaller.
Give the leopard tort caresheets a read. Do you know how to find them? I can link them if you want.

I can. Thanks for the offer though.

I just saw it and thought I'd ask. I'm really looking for something smaller. But that is the first thing other than sulcata, res, and snapping turtles I've seen around me lol.

Bambam1989

East Texas
I can. Thanks for the offer though.

I just saw it and thought I'd ask. I'm really looking for something smaller. But that is the first thing other than sulcata, res, and snapping turtles I've seen around me lol.
In that case I fully recommend deciding on what type of tort/ turtles your mostly interested in and then finding a really good breeder.
Are you wanting a species that hybernates or prefer a non hybernating species?

DE42

In that case I fully recommend deciding on what type of tort/ turtles your mostly interested in and then finding a really good breeder.
Are you wanting a species that hybernates or prefer a non hybernating species?
The problem is the one I really like the best is a species I can not keep here. It's against the law to keep them in my state. A felony offence. :(

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
I'll take a look. I've also considered redfoots.

I may just stick with the painteds I originally was going to start with lol

I love my redfoots!! They are sweet, pretty and social! Do you live in a humid area? I can’t remember where you are! That’s the hardiest part for me because it’s so dry here.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Good morning all. I had a better night’s sleep last night thank goodness. This morning I need to take son shopping for a suit for his graduation. It’s a challenge when he’s 6’6” (2 metres tall) to find anything that fits, let alone anything that’s affordable

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Good morning all. I had a better night’s sleep last night thank goodness. This morning I need to take son shopping for a suit for his graduation. It’s a challenge when he’s 6’6” (2 metres tall) to find anything that fits, let alone anything that’s affordable
I can just imagine how difficult that must be. Good Luck